Quake Treats, Christmas Bakers Required

miffycat1, Dec 9, 5:26am
The Christchurch Baking Army would very much like your help to give some Christmas cheer and treats to those affected by the Quakes who remain in difficult situations with some families struggling emotionally.
Would you like to help! We would like Christmas baking treats,ie, shortbread, truffles, small Xmas mince pies, fancy slices, biscuits, gingerbread men
. We realise these treats are not cheap to make and we have some financial assistance to help you for buying the ingredients.
If you would like to be a ChCh Baking Army Christmas Treats Baker could you please contact quaketreats@gmail.com by the 12th December.
Please leave your thoughts of what you can bake with an approximate cost if possible.
Please make sure you leave a contact number
Baking would be delivered to a drop place and for ingredient payment on the 17/18 December.
We do have limited freezer space for goodies that can be frozen from the 12 December. Please spread the word to all those that enjoy baking treats, thank you.

miffycat1, Dec 9, 7:02pm
bumping for weekend bakers

celosia, Dec 10, 3:42am
surely somewhere out there the bakers will surface for you miffycat1 - good luck.

seniorbones, Dec 10, 3:49am
I love baking and would love to help! I have just finished a chocolate slice and christmas cupcakes but not sure how that sort of item would travel from kapiti coast to christchurch. Plus I am now home so have the time have just been made redundant from my job:-0(

rosiemoodle, Dec 10, 4:16am
would you like to share the Christmas cupcake recipe! thanks

elliehen, Dec 10, 4:20am
Motueka already has a regular consignment travelling to Christchurch courtesy of a local furniture removal company.

miffycat1, Dec 10, 7:16pm
Thank you to those that have emailedquaketreats@gmail.com
I will shortly be in contact.
We would still appreciate help from as many bakers who can assist us, The treats are for those for those in difficulty & stressed by the quakes.There certainly is a need still in some areas for assistance.

seniorbones, Dec 10, 8:39pm
would you like to share the Christmas cupcake recipe! thanks[/quote]

The cupcake mix was a ruth pretty recipe its just a plain mix and then spoon a dsp in the cupcake paper on top add a tsp of xmas mix then top with more cupcake mix and I iced with brandy butter icing - If children are going to eat them I would ice with lemon icing - then sprinkled them with glitter and tiny green and red trees. She did say dont over mix the mix and I must have because they came out a bit "tough" and I shouldnt tell you but I had a jar of christmas mince with date on the lid 'Dec 95' not sure if that was bestbefore or when it was made but when I opened the jar the smell was devine, full of brandy (I think thats whats preserved it) and christmassy and taste as good too! and we are ok today so must have been ok.christmas pies next.

miffycat1, Dec 11, 5:56am
Thanks for the cupcake recipe, sounds like a nice treat.