Tefel Thermospot Frypan!

chris160179, Dec 8, 7:08am
Anyone got one of these!

I do, but have noticed lately that it's bulged in the middle meaning when I pour stuff into it, and all moves to the outside.Also, the thermospot has gone, just turned into a big burnt looking area.So dissappointing as I thought I was buying a quality brand! :(

bill241, Dec 8, 7:25am
Yes, that exact thing happened with mine. I'm not sure how it happened exactly but I put it down to just not caring for it properly as we live in a flat and people don't really care how they treat my stuff. My mum has a few of them and cares for them well and they are still like new so that's why I think it must have something to do with how it was being washed or something.

bill241, Dec 8, 7:27am
Is your cooktop ceramic! Because I was looking in Briscoes at them today and the Zip equivalent all said that they are not suitable for glass and ceramic cooktops. My cooktop is ceramic so I'm wondering whether that's a factor!

chris160179, Dec 8, 7:30am
Yes, we do have a ceramic stovetop!Will be more careful next time I buy a frypan!

lilyfield, Dec 8, 8:42am
useless things- never again

i really enjoy my farmers ceramic frypan on special half price. had it for ages.

bill241, Dec 8, 8:43am
That might be it then, I just bought two Tefal thermospots today at Briscoes but thought that they'd be all right on the ceramic but who knows, they'll probably go to crap even if I do ban everyone else from using them.

crayonstory, Dec 9, 1:35am
We have a couple of the Jamie Oliver branded ones, which we use on a ceramic cooktop.They are ok so far, but I supposes it's only been a few months.I do like them though.