Xmas Desert

bexta021, Dec 6, 3:40am
What yummy desert can i make for xmas that is dairy free!!

dezzie, Dec 6, 3:42am
Summer pudding.there will be heaps of recipes for it on google.

245sam, Dec 6, 4:56am
Are eggs ok!If so, pavlova - while I realise that to most people, a pavlova means cream, I know that I am not alone in being more than happy to eat a nice crisp on the outside, marshmallowy centred pavlova without cream but accompanied by some nice fresh berries.In fact, I really appreciate it when I find the plain pavlova is served with the whipped cream in a bowl alongside - it gives me the choice of having no cream rather than trying to not be too rude and push the cream on to the next portions rather than have my portion smothered with way too much cream that I don't particularly like or need to eat.:-))

bexta021, Dec 6, 5:19am
thankyou for that advise 245sam, ill check about the eggs.Are there any other ideas please.

buzzy110, Dec 6, 5:30am
How about making the Motueka Carrot Cake. It has sultanas, nuts, pumpkin seeds and dried apricot and is rather nice. It would have a sort of festive feel about it. I'd halve the recipe though as it makes quite a lot. For the topping, or filling if you make the whole recipe and cook two cakes, you could make Aunt Daisy's Marshmallow filling:

AUNT DAISY'S MARSHMELLOW FILLING (sorry it is in Imperial)
1 oz Gelatine
2 cups Water
1 lb Sugar
1tspn Vanilla
Salt - Pinch

Put gelatine in 1 cup of the Water and stand about 10mins.
Add the rest of the water and put on stove to melt.
When melted, add Sugar, Salt and Vanilla and boil gently for ½hr.
Cool in basin and then beat until like a snowball

She gives the following instructions for use:
Almost cover biscuits and decorate with chopped nuts, cherries, etc.

You could do that on the cake instead.

I'll find the Motueka Cake recipe and post it soon.

buzzy110, Dec 6, 5:32am
This recipe was posted by hairchopper in an earlier thread

MOTUEKA CARROT CAKE
2 Cups of wholemeal Flour
2 Cups of sugar
2 tspn of Mixed spice
2 tspn Cinnamon
2 tspn of Baking Soda
1 Cup of Walnuts
1/2 Cup of Pumpkin seeds
1 Cup of Sultanas
1 Cup of chopped up dried Apricots
. 750gm Grated Carrots
1 1/2 Cups oil
4 eggs
2 tspn Vanilla
Mix all the ingredients together except the ones above, (carrots oil eggs vanilla)
add grated carrots, mix well
whisk up 1 1/2 Cups oils with the 4 eggs add the vanilla, then Fold Carefully into the dry ingredients
DO NOT OVER MIX Bake at 170oc for up to 2 hours keep an eye on it, Dont forget to line the tin, makes 1 large cake

hairchopper1 (418)