Mini Muffin tins

bexta021, Dec 6, 1:34am
Putting on an afternoon for the elderly aunties and am wondering what to bake, thought something in the little muffin tins or perhaps little sweet treats, not too hard for the false teeth tho! Any suggestions please.

dixiechicks, Dec 6, 1:38am
I make the cutest mini mincie (Christmas mince) pies in mini muffin tins, they look and taste devine and everyone loves them.

southerngurl, Dec 6, 1:57am
i make little lollie cake type cupcakes, but they might be a bit hard for the teefs.

babytears, Dec 6, 2:24am
Mini muffins! What about raspberry and white chocolate muffins, or apple crumble muffins

bexta021, Dec 6, 2:26am
id love to have some recipes for the above or do you just use the normal muffin recipes and cook them for less!!

skydancing, Dec 6, 2:34am
I would love to know as well!

245sam, Dec 6, 2:40am
bexta021 and skydancing, the following info' is from Alison Holst's "More Marvellous Muffins".

"Mini-muffin tins are fun!Hardly any one will refuse one of these little muffins which are about half the size of the Medium-Sized Muffins.
12 mini-muffin pans, if filled with water hold about 1½ cupfuls.A mixture making 12 medium muffins makes 22-30 mini-muffins.Mini muffins usually take 2 minutes less then medium muffins do to cook.
Mini-muffin trays usually fit in bench-top ovens."

Hope that info' helps.:-))

nzl99, Dec 6, 2:42am
Mini cheesecakes.

bexta021, Dec 6, 3:41am
Thanks so much 245sam

kinna54, Dec 6, 6:38am
I make mini muffins a lot, usually use a mix that has yoghurt in as keeps them moist, favourite are boysenberry or blueberry.
Lemon yoghurt are also nice.
Be aware, they cook really quickly, so watch them, err on the side of undercooking as can be very dry.

babytears, Dec 6, 7:00am
Usually these days I use Edmonds sweet muffin mix - so fricken easy. and so tasty and they look great. I more often than not make raspberry or mixed berries (frozen) and add white choc drops. they look cafe style - but I'm thinking for mini muffins, you'd want to chop the berries into smaller pieces and perhaps also the chocolate. For a normal-sized 12 muffin tray I would add one cup of berries and perhaps 3/4 cup chocolate - so maybe you would halve that

For apple crumble muffins, use an apple sliced into small slices and add to the mix, then before putting into the oven sprinkle a crumble mix on top - which is in the Edmonds cookbook (flour, baking powder, butter and sugar, resembling course breadcrumbs).