Who's doing xmas breaky

darren-j1, Dec 5, 8:44am
i would like to know how to bulk cook bacon and eggs for 8 people please, my first post wasn't answered :)

bellter, Dec 5, 8:55am
We are doing this on Boxing Day - but on the BBQ - Bacon & egg muffins )without the Mc):-) works a treat and everyone is outside enjoying themselves.

shop-a-holic, Dec 5, 8:55am
Bacon can be cooked/baked in the oven or on the BBQ, weather permitting.

nik12, Dec 5, 11:46am
I always cook my bacon in the oven now.And just screw the bacon (like twist each bit) into a roasting dish. I do 200 c, for um, not really sure, 10 mins!Once the bacon is looking nearly good I heat the water for poached eggs.I do for 5 people at a time 8, I'd need to frypan's of water.
Lately I've been doing hashbrowns instead of toast, so I put them in a roasting dish under the bacon (I've got fanbake). usually have to get the bacon out before the hashbrowns are ready.

nik12, Dec 5, 11:49am
Just read your other thread - do you want to do the eggs in advance! I know restaurants do that, but I have no idea.
They only take 3-4 mins once the water is boiling, so I'd just have two pans going and cook bacon in the oven.

trio, Dec 5, 2:56pm
you can precook poached eggsdont fully poach them . Pop into cold iced water( handle gently)then refresh in hot Z( rolling bpil) when you need them. Only takes about two minutes to reheat.All ready at once. Hope this helps. Practice before the day to get your timing right