Bulk xmas breaky!

darren-j1, Dec 5, 7:58am
we are cooking for 8 adults xmas morning, menu is big kiwi fry up how do i do the eggs etc, please tell me how you do it. thanks

tipsy_bl0nde, Dec 5, 8:28pm
just fry them i would say. could do scrambled! Dont go too fancy because if you are cooking for a lot of people i wouldnt recommend poaching. Use an electric frypan and just make fried eggs.

purplegoanna, Dec 5, 8:30pm
my fav which can be half prepared the night before is eggs au gratin, boil and slice your eggs, place in baking dish, cover with fried diced bacon & onion and smother with cheese sauce, top with sliced tomato and breadcrumbs and bake quickly until golden and bubbling.its YUMMO!

bedazzledjewels, Dec 5, 8:43pm
I make a large frittata with lots of colourful veges in. Make it the day before and reheat. Unless you've got a way to keep scrambled/fried eggs hot, it's a real pain. You end up cooking eggs while everyone else is eating.

cgvl, Dec 5, 9:32pm
I do poached eggs for that many its easy as. Get either an electric frypan if you have or a large standard frypan or at a pinch your roasting dish. ½ full it with water and once it has come to the boil turn down and add eggs, leave on a low simmer while you organise/dish up rest of food.
Do your bacon and or sausages either in the oven or under grill or on BBQ same as anything else using eg hash browns, tomatoes etc.
I'd assign a male to the BBQ with everything except eggs and toast to cook .at least in my house its what we do. 8 was a normal everyday brekkie Xmas can be up to 20.

kate777, Dec 6, 4:47am
I'd do an electric frypan of scrambled eggs whie the toast is grilling in the oven and everything else is on the bbq.

darren-j1, Dec 6, 5:06am
thanks soo much!merry xmas!

littleblackhen, Dec 8, 3:43am
Do it all on the bbq.