Milk Powder dilution rate!

bjkiwi, Dec 4, 8:39pm
Have run out of milk and am dying for a coffee! I have some milk powder in the cupboard that I use for making bread but no packet to say how much to use to make up milk!Any help would be appreciated. TIA

245sam, Dec 4, 8:48pm
bjkiwi, different brands seem to differ re the "dilution rate" but I currently have Homebrand Skim milk powder and the packet instructions are.

"Easy mixing directions:Place 4 cups of water (preferably cold) into container.Add 1 cup of instant skim milk powder and stir lightly with fork to speed up dissolving.Makes approximately 1 litre of reconstituted liquid skim milk.
For richer flavour and extra nourishment, use additional powder to suit your personal taste or preference.
The natural flavour of this product will be enhanced by storing the reconstituted liquid skim milk in the refrigerator overnight."

Hope that helps.:-))

bjkiwi, Dec 4, 8:57pm
thats awesome, thanks for your help

elliehen, Dec 4, 9:08pm
If you haven't yet made your coffee (or need to do this again) don't bother to make up a jug.Drop a heaped teaspoon into your hot coffee and stir immediately.It will be perfectly smooth and dissolved.(Just make sure you don't dunk the spoon in until you've dropped the powder off or it will stick on the spoon in a lump.)

lilyfield, Dec 5, 1:07am
that is what I do--all the time-- I never make up the milk. for anything.