Recipe book for pasta making

akjg, Dec 4, 2:29am
Can anyone recommend a great recipe book for someone starting out with a pasta making machine please! SIL is getting one for Christmas and thought I'd add to it with a recipe book :)

lythande1, Dec 4, 3:40am
You don't need a book.

1 egg to 1 cup of flour, and a tiny (tsps) of water if a bit dry.
Mix it together with your hands. Roll out roughly and feed through the machine in highest setting. Don't worry if it breaks upat this point, fold it over and feed it back. Do this till it's smooth. Then move the thickness down by 1 and feed back through. Continue until about thickness 3.
If you want spaghetti or other noodles, feed through the cutter. If not, you now have lasagna sheets. For ravioli, cut into rounds or squares, for cannelloni, cut into rectangles, fill and roll.
Simple isn't it! Add bits to the dough like a bit of tomato puree to make red coloured pasta. Or pureed spinach for green. (Not lots of it, just a bit)

shop-a-holic, Dec 4, 4:00am
I also add a small amount of chopped fresh basil to the dough, or saffron which has been soaking in 1/2 tespoon of hot water (allow to cool) for a couple of hours.

wheelz, Dec 4, 4:50am
Op might have been after the name of a recipe book forpasta recipes.NOT on HOW to make pasta, that would come with the machine!

davidt4, Dec 4, 5:28am
Any of Marcella Hazan's books will have a good range of pasta sauce recipes.

nauru, Dec 4, 5:47am
I was given the Pasta Bible recipe book for a present when I first started to make my own pasta and it is a great book which I use all the time. So if you want to give a book as a present I can recommend this one.

akjg, Dec 4, 7:27am
Thanks, that's exactly what I meant :) Will try and locate the Pasta Bible as mentioned above.

floralsun, Dec 4, 7:52am
The Italia book, by Jo Seagar has recipes for making pasta - has anyone tried any of those recipes! If so, would you recommend the book! Thanks.