Lamb

shellie72, Dec 3, 9:50pm
Perhaps I should have posted here in the first place, I didnt get much joy in general.
can anybody share with me the best seasonings and cooking methods for various cuts of lamb please! Nothing too exotic - just good old kiwi/english recipes (hubby doesnt like new foods, lol).

jody23, Dec 3, 9:58pm
What about a simple roast with garlic and rosemary served with roast potatoes and steamed veg

shellie72, Dec 3, 10:00pm
Thank you :) I know that lamb goes well with rosemary and mint marinades. I have those herbs in the garden, but have no idea how to actually use them. I might have to spend the day reading all.recipes.com!

jody23, Dec 3, 10:07pm
I just put the peeled garlic and rosemary with the roast wrap it all in tinfoil and chuck it in the oven.Im sure there are more gourmet ways to do it but it tastes yummy to me haha

kuaka, Dec 3, 10:22pm
Years ago when I put garlic with a leg of lamb my father-in-law told me I had "ruined" it!Course it doesn't matter these days as I can't afford to buy lamb.

rainrain1, Dec 3, 11:33pm
it should taste very good without all those added extras you know

otterhound, Dec 4, 3:08am
I just cut a few cloves of garlic into slivers, cut slits in the meat and stuff a bit of garlic in each one.You can also stuff a wee bit of rosemary from your garden into each slit with the garlic.

sarahb5, Dec 4, 3:18am
That's what I do - although I alternate between rosemary and garlic so that neither over-power the flavour of the meat

lythande1, Dec 4, 3:36am
Lamb and mint sauce.

kuaka, Dec 4, 4:18am
Ha - that's what I did when father-in-law complained that I had "ruined" it.

lizab, Dec 4, 4:35am
you can butterfly a shoulder of lamb (take out the bone and make it flat), marinade it with garlic, rosemary and oil and then bbq it - that's yum :)
My kids love marinaded lamb rib chops baked in the oven (grate some garlic and ginger, add some soy sauce, a tbsp or 2 of brown sugar and a squirt of tomato sauce, leave to marinade for a few hours or overnight)
With the lamb loin chops, we make 'crumbed chops'. Dust them in seasoned flour, dip in beaten egg, then coat in breadcrumbs. Cover and bake in oven till done, turning once.