Fruit mince truffles

nik12, Dec 3, 2:47am
I've just bought some from the girl guides. obviously they won't give me the recipe lol, but I want to try.
Does anyone have a recipie!
They had girl guide biscuit crumbs and were fairly fudgy tasting, so I'm thinking condensed milk and a bit of butter. no cocoa as they were pale.
Any suggestions before I try and make a mess of it would be most appreciated.

245sam, Dec 3, 3:47am
nik12, I'm not sure that the following recipe will produce truffles as you describe because these are chocolate-based but you may be interested in trying them so here's the recipe from TrademeCooks.

" Fruit Mince Truffles
400gm dark chocolate, 2T cream 2T brandy, 2T fruit mince, 2T chopped almonds. Melt together 200gm of the choc with cream. Stir in brandy, fruit mince and almonds. Allow to cool & refrigerate until firm enough to roll. Take teaspoons of mix and roll into balls. Pop into freezer to firm up. Melt remaining chocolate to dip truffles into. This recipe is easily doubled. posted by rkcroft":-))

Edited to add another recipe from TradeMe Cooks and IMO the truffles from this one would be more like the truffles you describe although these ones do have cocoa - maybe you could just omit it!

"Apricot Brandy Truffles
2 1/2 cups round wine biscuits, crushed. 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 cup fruit mince, 1/2 cup chopped nuts, 1/3 cup finely chopped apricots, 1tbsp cocoa, 2tbsp brandy, icing sugar for dusting. In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients except the icing sugar. Shape teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls and roll in icing sugar. Place balls on baking trays lined with baking paper and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight until firm. Keep in fridge until ready to use.
posted by grannyd":-))

nik12, Dec 3, 9:43am
Hmm, they both sound nice!The second one sounds closer. but without, cocoa, nuts, apricots or brandy lol.
Will try that one to start with :-)I will report back when I get them done.

elliehen, Dec 3, 9:52am