Got 100gms left of condensed milk

leisap, Dec 3, 2:22am
And I only have recipies for half a tin or three quarters of a tin.Please give me some recipie ideas.Sweet things like truffles etc would be great.

books4nz, Dec 3, 3:27am
You could put it in a jar and freeze it - it stays a similar consistency, and can be used straight from the freezer - or for a quick pudding, add it to some hot rice, stir through and serve with fruit.

245sam, Dec 3, 3:42am
leisap, here are some recipes from TrademeCooks that may be of use to you. For those needing ½ cup sweetened condensed milk you may be a little short but if it's only a small amount it shouldn't make much difference - if the mixture is a little dry (in your case, because of the short measure of sweetened condensed milk), I usually find that adding a little liquid of some kind, depending on the recipe, does the trick.

"Apricot Brandy Truffles
2 1/2 cups round wine biscuits, crushed. 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 cup fruit mince, 1/2 cup chopped nuts, 1/3 cup finely chopped apricots, 1tbsp cocoa, 2tbsp brandy, icing sugar for dusting. In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients except the icing sugar. Shape teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls and roll in icing sugar. Place balls on baking trays lined with baking paper and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight until firm. Keep in fridge until ready to use. posted by grannyd

CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES.
Sift together 3oz icing sugar, 2oz cocoa & 1tsp instant coffee. Add 2oz crushed chocolate biscuit crumbs. Fold in 2oz melted & cooled Kremelta, mix well. Add 1 tsp Vanilla essence and half a cup condensed milk. Mix until thick enough to roll. Roll into balls, then roll in chocolate sprinkles. Refrigerate until firm. posted by tippsey

Paradise Truffles
100g Butter ½ cup Sweetened Condensed Milk 1½ cups Paradise Muesli 1 cup Wine Biscuits (crushed) Melted white and milk chocolate to decorate Melt butter and condensed milk together until just melted. Add all other ingredients and combine well. Roll into small balls and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Melt white chocolate and pour a small amount over each truffle. Refrigerate for a further 10 minutes and drizzle melted milk chocolate over to decorate. For a not so sweet variation roll the mixture into small balls then coat in desiccated coconut and refrigerate. Best stored in the fridge. posted by sam924

Gail's Cherry Pom Poms
50g red cherries 1/3 cups condensed milk 2 cups coconut 2t cherry marnier or cherry essence 220g dark chocolate Process the first 4 ingredients till combined in food processor Melt chocolate and dip each pompom so only half is coated. Refrigerate.posted by hannah.daniels

Chocolate Rum Balls
Ingredients * 200 g plain sweet biscuit crumbs * 300 g NESTLÉ Cooking Chocolate, melted * 1/4 cup sultanas, chopped * 1/2 cup HIGHLANDER Sweetened Condensed Milk * 1/4 cup rum * 2 Tbsp golden syrup * 1 cup icing sugar * NESTLÉ Baking Cocoa, or finely chopped nuts Preparation Time: 25 minutes Makes: 30 Method 1. Place biscuit crumbs in a large bowl and add sultanas, melted chocolate, rum, golden syrup, condensed milk and icing sugar. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined. 2. Using moist hands roll the mixture into small balls and then roll in the cocoa or chopped nuts. Set on a tray in refrigerator for 30 minutes. posted by sam924

Stale Cake Choc Hazelnut Truffles:
75gm whole hazelnuts, 400gm stale choc cake, 60ml Frangelico liqueur, 2T condensed milk. Roast hazelnuts in oven till toasted. Place in clean tea towel and rub to remove skins. Chop coarsely. Place in a bowl with the crumbled up cake, liqueur and condensed milk. Stir to combine. Use hands to roll into balls. You can coat in cocoa or dip into melted chocolate.posted by rkcroft"

Hope that helps.:-))

leisap, Dec 3, 4:33am
thanks heaps,I think i might just freeze it today as I have been very productive in the kitchen and Im a bit over it now.thanks again and I will attempt to try some of those recipies another day.

kassie48, Dec 3, 5:28am
Tip C.M into a bowl, add coconut to bind, vanilla essence & sultanas (opt). No set amounts, just makes to what you have the most of.
Drop in tspfuls on bakikng tray & bake 15 - 20 mins (approx) till slightly brown @ 160. Come out yummy & slightly chewy.