Bottling beetroot

susievb, Nov 30, 8:46pm
I have some fresh beetroot I want to cook up and bottle but no preserving jars just glass jam jars. Can I bottle them like jam and hope the top sucks down to seal! is the overflow method best! or leave a small space at op of jar ok!

wheelz, Nov 30, 8:59pm
to do the overflow method, which you would need to for beetroot, use need seals and rings, not lids.

susievb, Nov 30, 9:08pm
They are still in the ground at present only 12! plants, when I am in town I will check out op shops, and supermarket for jars, seals, and bands.

pickles7, Nov 30, 9:30pm
I have used the jam jars, just remember to use them over the next few months. After all we buy pickle in those types of jars.

harrislucinda, Nov 30, 9:39pm
besttocookthebeetssliceintojarsthenpourovertheboilingmixtureofwaterandvinegarto seal

rainrain1, Nov 30, 10:54pm
Overflow the liquid, and use your jam jar lids.I promise you they seal as good as gold, and golds pretty good right now

pickles7, Dec 1, 1:16am
I pickled some asparagus, the other day. I used jam jars, filled them with well washed raw asparagus, added some salt, spices, vinegar water, 50x50 mixture, then cooked them in a water bath for 15 minutes. Well pleased with them.