Food processor recommendations

antoniab, Nov 29, 6:32am
We are looking at getting a new bigger food processor and are tossing up between the Kenwood Pro one or a Magimix. Anyone got any suggestions as to what machienes/brands they like best! TIA

davidt4, Nov 29, 7:07am
Magimix every time.

sooseque, Nov 29, 8:45am
Never tried a Kenwood but my Magimix is brilliant, gets used most days for anything from smoothies to breadcrumbs, stuffings, blending soups, etc etc. having a choice of bowl sizes is great.Its real grunty so gets the job done real quick

marcs, Nov 29, 9:32am
Don't buy sunbeam. Hate the one I got.

gardie, Nov 29, 5:01pm
I think Magimix is overrated.I have one.The bowl is cracked (happened early on but is holding together) and it struggles to mix a scone mix or meatloaf - I did get a big powerful one too.It only has on off and pulse and I find it just doesn't whizz like others I've had.I am certainly going to try Kenwood next time - my Kenwood mixer is 22 years old and still going well.

evorotorua, Nov 29, 5:03pm
I love my Kenwood but wouldn't recommend it. The lid is set so that it has a gap and stuff gets stuck up there. Funny how you don't think of some aspects of an appliance when you buy it but it makes a big difference. Good luck with your purchase.

lythande1, Nov 29, 5:53pm
Well my Ralta is no 28 years old and has never had a problem. Can't say it hasn't been reliable.

lyl_guy, Nov 29, 8:15pm
I have a kenwood pro, and I love it. But I don't have any other to compare it with, as it's my first processor.Great for coleslaw, as well as baking/ blending etc, but as said above I find that some of the cabbage gets left unsliced at the very top.Doesn't bother me, and I'm guessing that none of the processors can process 100% of all sliced foods without a tiny bit of wastage.It makes THE best/ fastest fine coleslaw!

lyl_guy, Nov 29, 8:17pm
Whoa!Just checked the price of the magimix. being THREE times the price of my kenwood pro (on special at HN for about $360 at the time I bought it), I'd hope it's worth it!$1,049!

snapperheadrkp, Nov 29, 10:16pm
My sister (chef) would say if money is no object, and you want your food processor to last for a few generations then a Cuisinart is the only way to go.
Tap up Cuisinart NZ on Google for NZ distributors

flo16, Nov 29, 10:19pm
magimix every time

klc1, Nov 30, 2:21am
I had a kenwood pro and now have a magimix.The magimix is by far the better.The kenwood came with so many attachments that I never used and took up so much space in mycupboard, and it wasn't very good at grating veges, it would only do half and you would be left with the other half ungrated.The magimix only has 3 buttons because it decides automatically what speed it needs to do.

wizardoo, Nov 30, 3:41am
I have a kenwood prowould of loved a magimix but could not aford it.So any of those two are great

antoniab, Nov 30, 6:41am
Awesome thanks people - we are going to buy it from the UK and they are a bit cheaper there than over here. Think I might go with the magimix :)