Mint slice cupcakes!

tipsy_bl0nde, Nov 28, 10:14pm
Have a packet of mint slice biscuits and wondered if i could make them into cupcakes. ( i have a thing for mint chocolate boy oh boy) has anyone tried this! thinking i might give it a go. Tried google but doesnt look like people have tried to make this before.

245sam, Nov 28, 11:39pm
tipsy_bl0nde, how about using the mint slice for truffles!

MINT SLICE/TIM TAM/ TOFFEE POP TRUFFLES
2 x 200g-250g packets chocolate biscuits
250g cream cheese

Whiz the biscuits and cream cheese together in a food processor, then roll the mixture into balls. Roll the balls in chocolate hail, or freeze them, then dip them in melted chocolate. Use biscuits of your choice e.g. Mint or plain or other flavours. eg. Mint Slice, Tim Tams, or Toffee Pops.:-))

wheelz, Nov 28, 11:42pm
I guess you could use a chocolate mix, and add some mint essence for cupcakes.Or chocolate cake with mint icing. I wouldn't use crushed biscuits.

245sam, Nov 28, 11:58pm
My thoughts too wheelz, and I do have a recipe for Mini After-Dinner Mint Muffins which is as you suggest - a chocolate mixture with added peppermint essence.:-))

nzl99, Nov 29, 2:51am
Yep, we do this all the time with slice offcuts.Just cut them into lil chunks 5mm by 5mm and add to a basic sweet muffin recipe.I'd use muffin cases though.

tipsy_bl0nde, Nov 29, 4:36am
thats what i thought nzl99 im preggers at the moment early days but the cravings and the "i cant stomach" foods are very slim hehe. Need to actually get some motivation for other meals that dont include tomatoes of any kind. *sniff sniff* should make a thread about it. i am truly stuck.

krazy_kat, Nov 30, 2:25am
I make cookies and cream cupcakes all the time - everyones favorite around here.I just break up the bickies and put them through the mix - save some for decoration.I then use a nice buttercream frosting.You could make a chocolate cupcake with the biscuits running through and a mint frosting.

Damn, might have to go buy some mint slice to try!

noelee, Dec 3, 11:33pm
I wonder if you put half the cupcake mix into patty cases use the mint slice truffle rolled into tiny balls place into the centre then topped with the rest of the cupcake mix would work.