Thanks to cook essentials!

pheebs1, Nov 28, 1:06am
you know when its 2 days before payday and theres nothing yummy to fill the lunch boxes! youve run out of butter cocoa etc to make the standard fall back choccie cake
praise the lord for great minds!
so today i made cookes lemon yoghurt cake
but i didnt have lemon so i used a banana instead and turned it in to banana
yoghurt muffins
13mins in the oven i have 24 and they look perfect!
cheers!

pheebs1, Nov 28, 1:06am
My lemon yoghurt cake needs a big tin.

Lemon Yoghurt Cake
This recipe has been in the family for over 25 years it was given to my Mother a friend in Seattle hence the use of a "bundt" tin. Bundt tins are available for sale in our catalogue. The cake keeps extremely well and freezes beautifully. Just remember to grease tin well with butter and dust with flour,shaking off the excess before filling with mixture.
Ingredients:
1 & 3/4 cups caster sugar
rind 2-3 lemons
2 eggs
1 cup sunflower oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt (not low fat)
2-3 tsp lemon juice
2 cups self raising flour
Method:
Beat eggs,oil,sugar and peel together in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients in the order above. Butter and flour a 24cm bundt tin . Bake at 180C for 40-45 minutes. Test with a cake tester. Let cake rest only 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Dust cold cake with sifted icing sugar.

cookessentials (1183 )8:44 pm, Fri 19 Aug #6

pheebs1, Nov 28, 1:10am
now the trick is to make sure they arent hoovered before payday!
good luck!

jayc14, Nov 28, 4:06am
Funny Donna Hay has same recipe

davidt4, Nov 28, 4:13am
So does Alison Holst.

motorbo, Nov 28, 4:15am
she is a gem!

toadfish, Nov 28, 4:47am
I think that recipe has a Typo - should read 2-3 Tablespoons.

I made it 2 days ago, and used 6 tablespoons. delicious!

cookessentials, Nov 28, 6:29am
yep, it sure has yaddah yaddah yaddah. Glad the op enjoyed using "my" recipe LOL

griffo4, Nov 28, 6:44am
Love cooks recipe and l saw a version very close to cooks months ago in NZWW with a slight change but basically the same one but l love cooks recipe and use it regularly Thanks for sharing

pheebs1, Nov 28, 7:51am
i dont really mind who it "belonged to " i appreciated being able to find an answer to a need as i often do on here
its really great!