Recipes using roast capcicum

marcs, Nov 23, 4:22am
Any recipes out there using roast capcicum. Mine accidently has defrosted to need to used it up.

lythande1, Nov 23, 5:34am
Refreeze it.

dec1066, Nov 23, 5:35am
Slice it an pop it in a salad!

elliehen, Nov 23, 5:40am
Dip!

twindizzy, Nov 23, 5:48am
Ratatouille

ladywinternz, Nov 23, 6:10am
Home made Hummis :0)

shop-a-holic, Nov 23, 6:39am
Roast Capsicum Soup

Sweat a finely chopped onion and 3 cloves of garlic in a pan with a combination of both oil and butter. Add 2 teaspoons smoked paprika. Off heat and set aside.
In a blender, add your capsicums (equiv to 3-4 whole ones); and add 200mls of Tomato Juice (You will need 1 litre in total). Pulse.
Now add your pan of onions; garlic and paprika. Pulse.
Keep adding juice until you have blended the litre of Tomato Juice in total.
Return the soup to a pot, and heat to serve; seasoning to taste.
Or store in containers and freeze.

To serve: Buy Hellers Chorizo mini sausages. Take a knife and slice through the centre of the sausage starting 1/5th of the way down. Turn the sausage 90 degrees and repeat. The sausage is quartered; but still in tact at the top. Dry fry chorizo in a hot pan, turning when they brown. They will curl whilst cooking into 4 legged-octapus.
Serve ontop of the Hot Soup (2-3) per bowl - and sprinkle with fresh Italian Parsley.

kuaka, Nov 23, 7:52am
Roast the capsicum and then peel (the peel should come away easily once roasted), butterfly chicken breast and then place the capsicum on along with some spinach or silverbeet, roll up, then wrap in bacon, fry gently and then slice.Looks and tastes yum, especially if the capsicum is red, yellow or orange.

marcs, Nov 24, 11:37am
Soup sounds nice. I can freeze it then for a day that I did not want to cook.