Christmas Day Brunch for a crowd

tania209, Nov 22, 8:05am
Hi there.Wondered if you ladies could help me with some ideas for a brunch of hot and cold things for Christmas Day for a crowd (20 people)-don't want to be faffing around with omeletes, pancakes etc and am keen to have stuff I can pre-prepare, heat up and serve.Thanks in advance.

shellz213, Nov 22, 8:20am
How about some bacon and egg vol au vents!I did this for brunch last Xmas Day.Just did up a bacon/egg mix (finely chopped bacon), also got some cherry toms and slow roasted them with rock salt and some fresh herbs.Put the tom on top of the vol au vents.I pre prepared them and then when I went to a friend's for brunch just needed to heat them up quickly.They went down a real treat!

tania209, Nov 22, 8:57am
Fab idea Shellz213 - any others guys!

sherrie, Nov 22, 9:39am
Pancakes with fresh fruit, maple syrup and yoghurt are always a hit for xmas breaky also have to have bacon and bananas with syrup as this is really yummy!I think that the cutting of the fruit is not alot to get organised!The bbq firedup for the bacon.And maybe kids having turns at making the pancakes is a good spread of the jobs.Bubbles for adults and orange juice in wine glasses for kids to is a special treat at breaky time.

katalin2, Nov 22, 11:11am
Croissants with ham, brie tomato- prepared and just heated up in the morning. Platter of ham, chesses, tiny tomatoes, sliced french bread. Bliss pineapple and coconut youghurt with fresh fruit salad or bowl of strawberries.

sweetpea93, Nov 22, 11:15am
Buy crepes pre-made, I did it one year from Moore Wilsons in wgtn, worked out really weel. Fresh berries, cream, yoghurt, and then also we had croissants- like the persons post above :) Yum!

rozigurl, Nov 22, 2:55pm
How come its just brunch and not Christmas lunch. Means you miss out on the christmas lunch thing or late lunch. We have a glazed ham and turkey with new potatos, minted baby peas, a green salad with fresh strawberrys, whipped cream and a good ol pav for desert. Got to have the christmas crackers too! I only eat once on christmas and thats the one big mighty feed. No room for breaky, morning tea, brunch, afternoon tea, dinner or supper.

duckmoon, Nov 23, 3:43am
Croissants,
With some sliced turkey . And other stuff.
Lots of yummy fresh fruit,

We had some frozen uncooked croissants which I got out of the freezer the night befoire, let them defrost and rise' then cook. Really easy

punkinthefirst, Nov 24, 11:29pm
Waffles freeze well, enabling you to make them now, if you want. Just take them out of the freezer when you want them and pop them, still frozen, in a toaster or on the BBQ grill. Serve with fresh fruit.

macandrosie, Nov 26, 4:28am
Or some french toast made with ciabatta bread soaked in milk or cream, egg & a dash of vanilla. Serve with fresh fruit & maple syrup &/or cream or bacon bannanas & maple syrup, yum.

rarogal, Nov 26, 6:43pm
We are also having brunch, this gives our children time to have pressies with their own children and then come to us for brunch.Our main Xmas mealis at 4pm'ish, with lots of yummy snacks available in between.We haven't done 3 meals on Xmas Day for a long time, it's just too much!

cgvl, Nov 26, 8:37pm
Waffles can make and freeze or buy them ready made, bacon which can be done on BBQ or in oven. Fresh fruit, crossiants, a really yummy choice of real fruit jams eg Apricot, Raspberry, strawberry, some cheese like Brie or camembret. Real orange juice, good coffee (plunger). Ham. A big pan of eggs poaching (also done on BBQ). Banana's and maple syrup along with the bacon go really nice on the waffles. Breakfast sausages, hash browns.
trad in our family is bacon and eggs and toast. with either a BBQ or sit down dinner about 1pmand tea that night is help yourself to left overs if you want. Mind you breakfast is usually around 7:30am as with littlies thay are up brefore daybreak.