Mazzy1 how were your scones!

iriegirl, Nov 22, 3:15am
just curious!!

mazzy1, Nov 22, 3:38am
Aren't you sweet! I made the first batch of Idiot Proof scones and the mix was too wet. I had gloopy hands and found it almost impossible to get the mixture out of the gloopy, dough-covered glass. There was much swearing and no small amount of panic, as I only had just over an hour to make two batches. They came out looking pretty damn good though. For my next batch I used more flour and made them taller. They even looked like REAL scones! I was terrifically proud - (everyone else used scone mix.) I originally thought I would have to take them to the venue, ring the door-bell then run away to preserve my anonymity but didn't actually need to in the end - they were great!

buzzy110, Nov 22, 4:42am
Fantastic. We were all wondering. Too bad about the cheats who used scone mix. It is nice to know there are people out there prepared to put in some effort to make something nice.

kinna54, Nov 22, 4:55am
well done mazzy!

elliehen, Nov 22, 5:29am
Great that you could proudly acknowledge your creations and not have to leave them like changelings on the doorstep ;)

mazzy1, Nov 22, 5:39am
Thanks everyone. It seems like a long time since I started my 'eeeeek' thread that turned into an interesting discussion on how to or not to. who knew that scones would be such a minefield! So now I feel I can cope with any visitors just popping in. In fact, since my scones have become such a talking point, I'm sure they'll be queueing up. Cream and jam, anybody!

iriegirl, Nov 22, 5:40am
Awesome effort mazzy, you should be understandably proud of yourself! You faced the scone and aced it! :o)

elliehen, Nov 22, 8:31am
Now, you're ready to branch out.If you like dates (your visitors will), pop a cup of chopped dates in next time and serve the scones with lashings of butter.