Freezing shortbread!

raewyn64, Nov 21, 11:04pm
Hi there
I just saw a recipe for shortbread on tv this morning and though I might try it. They said you can freeze the raw shortbread and cook it when needed, but do the cooked shortbreads freeze ok!
Thanks very much

kassie48, Nov 21, 11:35pm
It's fine. You can cut into size/shapes before freezing.

greerg, Nov 22, 12:40am
They freeze perfectly. I have my shortbread stars for CHristmas all in the freezer.

elliehen, Nov 22, 12:44am
greerg, could you please post your shortbread recipe!Everyone seems to have a favourite, none quite like the other.

raewyn64, Nov 22, 12:56am
thanks so much everyone - I can start baking :)

greerg, Nov 22, 7:40am
Just a basicone elliehen
336 grms flour,336 grms butter, 112 grms icing sugar,112 grms cornflour
Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.Sift in cornflour and flour and mix thoroughly.Form into two rolls and refrigerate until firm.Slice into pieces 1 cm thick and place on oven trays.Bake at 135o C until firm but not browned.

arabelle, Nov 22, 7:50am
may I ask why the 336 and 112 grm amounts they seem very exact. is there a reason for that. when I last cooked it wasnever measured, but in the about this or that. so just wondering why. I am feeling hungry now

survivorr, Nov 22, 8:14am
This one is the BESTEST!I make it all the time!Freezes perfectly as well.

greerg, Nov 23, 6:45am
Arabelle - weird amounts translate exactly to old imperial measures - 4 oz, 12 oz etc.At one energetic stage I converted all my old recipes to metric measures and temperatures.