Does anyone have, this truffle recipe.

diachris, Nov 20, 10:17pm
It has malt buscuits, cocoa & condensed milk (thats all I know) then that is wrapped around a marshmellow, then rolled in coconut.
And has anyone tried making this in a slice!
As that sounds less hassle, but not sure how it would work with marshmellows.
Thanks in advance.

245sam, Nov 20, 10:44pm
diachris, I think this is the recipe you're wanting - it's from Trademe Cooks and is thanks to TM's jaky.

"TRUFFLES
2 pkts crushed wine biscuits, 1 tin condensed milk, 2 tsp vanilla, 200g butter, 1 C brown sugar, 1 & 1/2 Tbsp cocoa. Melt everything except biscuits. Stir in wine biscuits. With wet hands shape mixture around a piece of choc or marshmallow and roll in coconut."

Hope that helps. :-))

rainrain1, Nov 20, 10:50pm
Roll the recipe into 1 or 2 logs, then roll in coconut, chill, then slice

buzzy110, Nov 21, 3:29am
Great suggestion. I presume that spreading the mix onto gladwrap, spreading the marshmallows along the leading edge and rolling up like you would a sushi roll would make it even easier, especially if the gladwrap was sprinkled with dessicated coconut.

gardie, Nov 21, 3:33am
They are called donkey drops in our house.A little fiddly to make but so very worth it.When you pop some of the mix onto your hands press it down to make it very thin before popping the marshmallow on and rolling it around.You think its going to be too thin but it won't be.They are my family's favourite but I only make them at Christmas time.

rosiemoodle, Nov 21, 7:29am
try them with a square of caromella chocolate in the middle yummmmmmmmmm