I thought I'd done so well. The pav's in the oven

kuaka, Nov 20, 7:50am
as we speak, I've made the rice salad, and the coleslaw, and the trifle, all for tomorrow, and then I went and burnt tonight's potatoes absolutely black as your hat.I don't think I'll ever get the pot clean.

winnie231, Nov 20, 8:42am
Well done . great . and bugga!
I'm sure you've done something to replace the spuds by now but as for the pot - bury it in the garden for a few days . nature will take care of it for you :D A good rinse & thorough scrub once you've dug it up again & it'll be as good as new.

elliehen, Nov 20, 10:40am
What a tragic pic.I burnt a soup and thought if I left the burnt bit on the bottom of the pot and carefully poured off the top it would be OK.

It wasn't.

kuaka, Nov 20, 10:54am
Hubby wouldn't even try them (actually I don't blame him) he had some of the rice salad I'd made for tomorrow, there's still plenty for tomorrow.I ate the tops off the burnt spuds, but actually I think the pot will survive.I don't burn stuff very often but when I do, I make a good job of it!

nzl99, Nov 20, 6:14pm
The pot will be fine. a little elbow grease a few times and it will right as new! :-)

kuaka, Nov 20, 6:39pm
Actually it already is - I was surprised how easily it cleaned up, most of the burnt stuff just floated off and the stubborn stuff (mostly on the outside where they had boiled over!) came off when I scrubbed at it with a pot scourer.You'd never know now.Mind you, when I walked in the kitchen this morning I could still smell it.

kernal1, Nov 25, 9:05am
Boil rhubard leaves for about 1/2hr! Great cleaning!

kuaka, Nov 25, 9:35am
I've done that in the past when I used to have aluminium saucepans and occasionally burnt one black (well I used the rhubarb stalks not the leaves) and it works a treat, but it wasn't necessary, as it came up good as new with the pot scourer.

The pav was a great success, as was the trifle (except 7 year old grandson didn't like the "yellow stuff" in it - ie, the custard) and the rest of the dinner was fine too.Cooked too much so we had leftovers for lunch and tea next day, so that was nice and easy too.

elliehen, Nov 25, 9:42am
Nothing like trifle for breakfast ;)