Gluten, dairy, sugar, yeast & peanut free ideas

kamitchell, Nov 16, 6:52am
for lunches for a 7 yr old!

frances1266, Nov 16, 8:44am
Quite a restricted diet there kamitchell.Sushi, rice crackets with dips like hummus etc, rice, potato or pasta salad. Cruskkits I think are g.f. but you will need to check ingreds, carrot sticks are often liked by children,Slow bake g.f. bread cut into fingers, often more palatable than the bread esp with dips etc.There are some good gluten free threads here where you might get some ideas.I will bump them up for you.

davidt4, Nov 16, 8:51am
Cold meats, especially lamb chops or thin pieces of beef, with a small pot of real mayo made with egg yolks and olive oil.

pom-pom, Nov 16, 9:05am
GF sausages (or make your own mini meatballs and put a cocktail stick on them and have them with dip, mini toms, fruits etc. I have a nice kidsallergy friendly woman's weekly cookbook I'd be happy to send you. I have listed it under listing424461218 for 50 cents inc postage. No need to pay though - I just had to put a price for T-M! Good luck

kamitchell, Nov 16, 7:30pm
Thankyou so much pompom, I have just brought it! hehehe

buzzy110, Nov 16, 7:43pm
Meat loaf. Cold Chicken.

I make an egg omelette (got the idea from here). It is hard to turn over to cook the other side but if you overcome that particular problem, you willhave a lovely thin pancake type thingy. Just fill with appropriate fillings - lettuce, tomatoe (seeds removed) cucumber (salted, sat and drained), cold meat (mince is nice),etc, and roll. Wrap in glad or grease proof so that it can be unwrapped from the top and eaten.

Have you thought of experimenting with nori sheets. I can think of several things to do with those to give your 7yr old nice 'rolly' type foods, filled with various things to give your 7yr old varied, tasty lunches.

Potato croquettes.

A small container with mashed tinned salmon, avocado and a squeeze of lemon. Add in other salad vegetables as you see fit. Eat with a plastic spoon.

You will have to get used to creating foods with fresh, primary produce such as eggs, meat, fish, vegetables and fruit. Rice as well.

Is 7yr old allergic to fruit sugars! If not have you made rice pudding with coconut milk. It is pretty damn nice. A-royd coconut milk is perfect for this as it is just coconut and water, tastes lovely and has a really nice level of thickness, plus no added sugar.

buzzy110, Nov 16, 7:44pm
Learn how to make homemade mayo from egg yolk, lemon juice, seasonings and olive oil. Various herbs can be added at the time of use, depending on the food it is going on. It is brilliant for making potato salad.

pom-pom, Nov 16, 8:17pm
Glad you found the book. Once I've got your address I'll pop it in the post for you. Hopefully there's something useful in there - or at the very least you can adapt stuff from it!