Any ideas how to roast chick peas!

kamitchell, Nov 16, 3:31am
I brought some roasted chick peas from a supermarket, but they were quite expensive, and I figure it wouldn't be too hard to figure out & cut the costs a bit.Anyone do this already!How do you do it!I will google this also. TIA

elliehen, Nov 16, 3:37am
This what Google came up with for me:

Ingredients

1 (12 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt (optional)
garlic salt (optional)
cayenne pepper (optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
Blot chickpeas with a paper towel to dry them. In a bowl, toss chickpeas with olive oil, and season to taste with salt, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper, if using. Spread on a baking sheet, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until browned and crunchy. Watch carefully the last few minutes to avoid burning.

kamitchell, Nov 16, 3:39am
Thanks elliehen, I found that one too.I will have to check if I have any canned chick peas, but I did buy some dried chick peas today-Im guessing I will need to cook them first somehow :)

mattdylan, Nov 16, 3:40am
def use the dried ones, sooo much cheaper, I get mine from the Indian spice place and you just soak them in water for a few hours then boil them till they are cooked, then drain and roast as above, they are so yummy

kamitchell, Nov 16, 3:43am
Thanks mattdylan, I agree about being way cheaper than the canned ones.how long roughly do they need to be boiled for! Thanks!

davidt4, Nov 16, 4:19am
Chick peas are best soaked for 24 hours.Then drain, cover with fresh water and boil about 1 hour or until tender.Don't add salt until they are tender.

kamitchell, Nov 16, 4:39am
Thanks Davidt4, best get them soaking then!

frances1266, Nov 16, 6:08am
You can roll them in seasoned flour which makes them extra crispy.

suzanna, Nov 16, 7:01am
Cumin, coriander, garlic , salt along with a good splosh of olive oil and really dry them out so they are crisp. Enjoy. Sometimes I also use a good dukkah mix.

guest, Jan 11, 7:19am
At last! Someone with real exeitrpse gives us the answer. Thanks!

guest, Jan 14, 9:56am
AFAICT you've coreevd all the bases with this answer!