Quick and Easy Finger Dessert

oreo115, Nov 15, 3:30am
I have totake a Finger food dessert to an end of year function on Thursday night. Life is hectic at the momentso I need some ideas for a quick and easy dessert. Thanks

paxie1, Nov 15, 3:32am
lolly cake . nom nom.

buzzy110, Nov 15, 3:43am
Mini magnums
Cream filled brandy snaps (buy the brandy snaps)
Fresh fruit kebabs with marshmallows

rj5, Nov 15, 10:38pm
Birds nest merringues filled with cream or mousse

jed, Nov 15, 10:43pm
Choc eclairs or cream puffs, profitteroles.Choux pastry is easy to make and goes a long way.Good luck.

jed, Nov 15, 10:45pm
Or a platter with strawberries, grapes, cheeses and crackers.

elliehen, Nov 15, 10:46pm
Anything that won't explode on to your cleavage or your neighbour's shoulder when you take the first bite ;)

kinna54, Nov 16, 4:47am
lolly cake but make it extra special: using a packet of dark choclate thins, or chocolate wheaten biccies, and cut up after dinner mints.or if not a peppermint person use cut up choc strawverry hearts.

molly37, Nov 16, 5:22am
Platter with grapes, strawberries, pineapple, choc fish, marshmallows, small pieces of a slice, fudge cake, mince pies etc. Always looks lovely.

kuaka, Nov 16, 5:43am
apricot macaroons, yummy, quick and easy.I can post the recipe here later if you fancy them.Only four ingredients too.

elliehen, Nov 16, 5:53am
I like the sound of that.I have some Central Otago dried apricots waiting.

pickles7, Nov 16, 6:01am
boring.just not sure about the neighbours shoulder.

kuaka, Nov 16, 7:47am
Apricot macaroons -so easy, and so yummy!

3 egg whites
3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
1/2 cup (40g) desiccated coconut
1/2 cup (80g) finely chopped dried apricots

Preheat oven to 150 deg C/130 deg C fan-forced.Grease oven trays, line with baking paper.

Beat egg whites with electric beater until soft peaks form.Gradually add sugar, beating until sugar dissolves.Fold in coconut and apricots.Drop heaped tablespoons of mixture about 5cm apart onto trays.Bake about 20 minutes.Cool on trays.

Makes about 24.Recipe states the nutritional count per macaroon as being 1.1g total fat (1g saturated fat), 201kj (48 cal), 8.4g carbohydrate, 0.7g protein, 0.5g fibre.

Personally I think the recipe could use more coconut, maybe half as much again, but I have yet to try that.

I imagine they could be made with other fruits, fresh or dried.

rarogal, Nov 16, 9:44pm
What about the jelly slice - easy to make - and you could you red and green jelly if you made 2 slices. I topped each piece with a squirt of whipped cream and a slice of strawberry, just to make it fancy!I'll find and post if for you.

rarogal, Nov 16, 9:46pm
Jelly Slice
6oz butter and 1 pkt crushed wine biscuits. Melt butter, mix in biscuits and put in sponge roll tin until hardened. 1 tin condensed milk, 3 tsp gelatine dissolved in half cup boiling water, juice 2 lemons. beat together. Pour over hardened base. 1 jelly, 2 cups boiling water, 1 tsp gelatine. Mix together, when cool pour over above. Set in fridge.

tjman, Nov 17, 3:57am
buy pre cooked mini sweet pastry cases.add lemon curd a few blueberries and a small blob of cream.
Or make caramel ones with a tin of highlander caramel and half a slice of banana.

bounce16, Nov 17, 4:06am
Or fill with custard and top with berries.Dust with icing sugar if desired

mumstu, Nov 17, 4:08am
Fruit platter with chocolate dipping sause.easy and everyone loves it especially at this time of the year with strawberries!

tjman, Nov 17, 4:24am
Good idea.They are sooo cheating, but look and taste great.

supra_luva, Nov 17, 5:45am
Cheesecakes in mini muffin trays

winnie15, Nov 17, 7:55am
yum , now that sounds lovely!

paxie1, Nov 15, 3:32am
or a brownie - the packet mix is super yummy.

kuaka, Nov 16, 7:47am
Apricot macaroons -so easy, and so yummy!

3 egg whites
3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
1/2 cup (40g) desiccated coconut
1/2 cup (80g) finely chopped dried apricots

Preheat oven to 150 deg C/130 deg C fan-forced.Grease oven trays, line with baking paper.

Beat egg whites with electric beater until soft peaks form.Gradually add sugar, beating until sugar dissolves.Fold in coconut and apricots.Drop heaped tablespoons of mixture about 5cm apart onto trays.Bake about 20 minutes.Cool on trays.

Makes about 24.Recipe states the nutritional count per macaroon as being 1.1g total fat (1g saturated fat), 201kj (48 cal), 8.4g carbohydrate, 0.7g protein, 0.5g fibre.

Personally I think the recipe could use more coconut, maybe half as much again, but I have yet to try that.

I imagine they could be made with other fruits, fresh or dried.

Forgot to mention that your "gluten free" friends will love these too!

sarahb5, Nov 17, 4:16am
Nigella's chocolate pistachio fudge - it's great because you can freeze it so you could actually make it now.I used 100g of pistachios and 50g of dried cranberries for a real Christmassy effect

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/chocolate-pistachio-fudge-96