Korean recipes

madmoll, Nov 13, 8:15pm
Have two Korean Students. Koreans seem to miss their own food more than other nationalities.probably because it is so spicy I always stock Kimchi but would like some ideas/recipes

tielfan, Nov 13, 8:19pm
I can ask my Korean friend for you - she lives in Seoul, so it may take a few hours for her to wake up and get online.Did you know it was Pepero Day on Friday - it's like Korean Valentines Day!They have these little sweet bikkie sticks they give each other on that day.

ucanchoose, Nov 13, 9:59pm
http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Korean-Fried-Chicken

This is very, very close to the fried chicken that we had in Seoul.

madmoll, Nov 13, 10:01pm
thanks for thar

madmoll, Nov 13, 10:04pm
sounds delicious will definitly try it. Thank you

tielfan, Nov 14, 6:17am
Right my Korean friend admits she's not the best cook in the world, so she finds this really easy and thinks the ingredients will be easily found here:

Kimchi chigae

Ingredients

Well fermented 1/3 head of kimchi
100g pork
A can of tuna(a smallest one)
Tofu
1/2 Green onion
1/2 a root of green onion
Kimchi juice(small amount)
1/3 Red pepper
1 table spoon of ground garlic
Salt(small amount)
water

Recipe

1. Slice onion thickly. Mince garlic and cut the green onion diagonally.
2. Cut kimchi into small pieces.
3. Prepare pork belly. Cut them into dice.
4. Put kimchi, pork, a can of tuna and red pepper into a pot and add a little bit of water. Mix well so that there is no red pepper lumps.
(If you want to make the chigae not so spicy, add kimchi juice instead of the red pepper powder. I like this one, additionally.)
5. Add water again to 4 cup and boil.
6. If the kimchi is cooked, add minced garlic, green onion, tofu, and 1/3 of red pepper and boil again.
7. After 25minutes you can eat it with rice.

madmoll, Nov 14, 6:41pm
on the menu tonight

deus701, Nov 14, 8:25pm
a word about the kimchi pork stew, its best to simmer pork for 40minutes (someone told me this is the magic number which brings out the flavour of the stew). For instant 'aging' of young/new kimchi, add a tb of vinegar.

campmum, Nov 15, 2:44am
They love sushi,Galbi & Bulgogi.delicious sweet marinated beef & ribs.serve with lots of rice & salad.lots of recipes on google. search korean food. these are delicious!