Whipped Cream

huntermac, Nov 5, 4:18am
Why wont my whipped cream stay whipped. Even in desserts that I make with whipped cream in them seem to become runny type thing. I have whipped some today and its in the fridge waiting to be used shortly, it has already begun to seperate (liquid in the bottom). My cream always seems to do this, what am I doing wrong!

rainrain1, Nov 5, 4:25am
That's a hard one,maybe whip it a bit firmer.

solsticer, Nov 5, 4:25am
Whip cream only just before using. that's what it does!
If you don't mind the cost (or the chemicals) get the canned spray cream stuff.

solsticer, Nov 5, 4:29am

buzzy110, Nov 5, 4:30am
Cream always separates but the speed that happens is dependent, in my experience, on the consistency you achieve when you whip it. Lightly whipped cream separates at high speed. Whipped longer and the consistency is much thicker, separation takes much longer. It is always tempting to stop when it has just started to look whipped enough, but keep going until resistance gets harder. Stop before it turns to butter. Lol. That is the hard part. A little icing sugar in the cream also acts as a stabiliser.

fluffythings, Nov 5, 4:32am
I find it whips better when it is closer to room temperature rather than straight out of the fridge.Not sure if this helps with separation as I have never experienced that happening.Cheers

tullyann, Nov 5, 6:57am
Try and get fresh even from a Farmer is best as from a Super market its already a week or 2 old,touch of Icing sugar and drop of Vanilla yummmy

vmax2, Nov 5, 7:17am
Even my raw cream can get a bit runny a while after whipping.I like my cream thick so beat it till just about butter.Whipped cream is best with older cream (as in not fresh from today's milking) and room temperature. If we have any runny beaten cream left over we just put it in coffee, yum.

waswoods, Nov 5, 8:12pm
The long life cream doesn't separate

katienz11, Nov 5, 8:17pm
Ive only had that happen if I havent whipped it long enough.

Ive discovered if you put one of those bought packets of chocolate mousse powder on top of the cream, it whips thick almost straight away and is very yum ;oP

dbab, Nov 5, 9:57pm
Adding a small sprinkle of cornflour seems to stabilise it.

retired, Nov 5, 10:25pm
I add a teaspoon of Vanilla Instant Pudding.No trouble with "limp" cream anymore.