Can I use dry penne pasta in a lasagna since I

nowsgood, Nov 4, 9:22pm
have run out of sheets, do I cook it first!

lisajay, Nov 4, 9:53pm
Hmm. why don't you just half cook it or something to be on the safe side!

raewyn64, Nov 4, 10:10pm
you can turn it into a pasta bake type dish - I cook up the pasta, cook my mince and whatever with a pasta sauce, make a cheese sauce and then mix them all together, put in a baking dish, make a breadcrumb type topping with cheese and bake away - yum.It will be very similar to a lasagna just not layered

nowsgood, Nov 4, 10:12pm
Thankyou, will do that.

lythande1, Nov 5, 4:58am
No, it's not lasagna then. make some, flour and egg, roll out thin, don't need a machine to do it. Lasagna is better with fresh pasta anyway

beaker59, Nov 7, 9:04pm
Thats what I would do too. Cup of flour into food processor then crack in two eggs and a 1/2 tsp of salt whizz up until it looks like breadcrumbs then tip on bench and knead for 2 min into a firm dough. wrap in gladwrap and put in fridge for half an hour before rolling out flat. Easy as and much much better for taste and texture. (I have a pasta machine now for the rolling bit which is much easier)

roxursox, Nov 7, 10:22pm
or better still they could ditch the pasta stuff altogether and use thin slices of pumpkin and kumera and zuchinni and layer it with that and lashings of grated mozarella cheese instead of cheese sauce and bake as usual

it's delish with salad and just that little bit different to standard lasagne and much more forgiving on the waist line

tasmum, Nov 8, 10:57pm
I always use the tortillas or flat bread to make mine. Just layer as usual and as the topping mix grated cheese with sour cream, spread over and bake till nice and golden. Quite delicious!