Grapefruit, tangaloes and lemons i have bags of

tishan, Nov 9, 5:10am
each of thm 4 of each, is there any kind of juice i could make to use them all any suggestions. im not sure what else to do with them apart from baking with the lemons

davidt4, Nov 9, 5:24am
Tangelo & Yoghurt Cake

Syrup:

165g sugar
1 c. water
julienned zest 4 tangelos

Simmer 30 min, add juice 4 tangelos just before using and reheat to a simmer.

Cake

½ c plain flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
200g semolina
165g caster sugar
3 eggs
200ml thick plain yoghurt (Greek style is best)
2/3 clight olive oil
rind and juice 1 tangelo

Heat oven to 190 degrees C.
Grease 20cm cake tin

Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.Beat wet ingredients together well and stir into dry ingredients.Pour into tin, bake 40 – 50 min. until firm and shrunk slightly from sides.Turn out on to plate with raised lip, pierce in several places with fine skewer. Pour hot syrup over, distributing zest evenly over top of cake.

Keeps several days.

uli, Nov 9, 5:56am
We used to make syrup for the summer: peel any mix of citrus fruit (thinly - just the peel not the white bitter stuff!) and cook the peel until soft, meanwhile juice the fruit and add that juice and then add lots of sugar, strain and bottle. It keeps several years if you use enough sugar and you need only a spoonful for a glass of water to make the nicest drink in summer.

I used to cut up all those cooked, sugary peels very finely and froze them in very small ziplock bags to use as candied peel in cakes.

tishan, Nov 9, 6:10am
thanks heaps for both of those ideas im going to do both of them, i hate seeing fruit drop to the ground and wasted