what ya cooking for easter this year???

timetable, Mar 27, 2:03am
just finishing off another batch of hot cross buns ready for the oven... . . made the easter biscuits and will do the choc's tonight... . . menu all sorted and oh my goodness there goes me waist line again! ! !

buzzy110, Mar 27, 3:25am
Nothing in particular in this household. No one likes hot cross buns - too doughy, too sweet and can't figure out where they fit into the meal. Last time I made biscuits we forgot all about them and I'm not allowed chocolate in the house because I don't have an off switch! lol.

waswoods, Mar 27, 8:29am
Hot Cross Buns for breakfast on Good Friday is the tradition. However, they taste wonderful as a bread-and-butter pudding for dessert

purplegoanna, Mar 28, 2:29am
what ya cooking for easter this year? ? ? as little as possible, i want to spend the weekend slothing so i may do a roast on thurs nite thatll last all 4 days! . .

timetable, Mar 28, 4:49am
lol pg! ! just finished the easter choc's, easter bickies in the tin yesterday, and had to 'test' another batch of hot cross bunsmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm they was soooooo good! ! we have passover on Good Friday and Brunch Easter Sunday then down to friends for a lovely celebration tea on Sunday night - Turkey (Nigella's recipe) roast veg and salads, then heaven help us another celebration dinner lunch time on Easter monday... . crying leg of hogget, roast vege's, brandy baskets and or waffels with toppings, rolled pav, home made ice cream etc etc... oh and choc for ever and a day... . .

purplegoanna, Mar 28, 9:42pm
crikey got room for one more! lol... theres only 2 of us so hopefully the roast will keep us entertained... . mindyou its a giant pork roast that could feed a family of 10!

buzzy110, Dec 13, 9:55am
Gosh timetable. I never knew that Easter was 4 days of feasting. We've been going about this all wrong. Instead of one measley day at Christmas we could all be squaring up to 4 days of total blowout.

I think we should try and get Christmas moved to Easter. That way we could have 5 days of feasting starting with the traditional Christmas gluttony and present giving followed by another 4 days of chocolates, roasts, lots of desserts and sweet sticky buns.

Now, if only fresh strawberries were available at Easter. It would be perfect.