Dairy food left out overnight.

susan21, Nov 4, 4:53am
Got back home last night after running around after the boys, and forgot to put groceries away.Including. yoghurt, icecream, cream and cheese. They were in a cooler bag, but I didnt have an ice pack in with them. BOTHER!I threw away the yoghurt, but havnt thrown the icecream, cream or cheese yet.Does anyone know if they would be OK, or should I just biff the lot.Thanks for any tips.

nfh1, Nov 4, 4:55am
I would keep the cheese.Did the ice cream not melt!

How annoying for you.

davidt4, Nov 4, 4:56am
The cheese should be okay, the cream might last for a few days but the ice cream will have melted.

uli, Nov 4, 4:56am
Of course they are ok - the only thing I would have thrown out is the ice cream - as that is most likely not going to amount of much if it was melted. yoghurt, cream and cheese will be fine as long as you do not keep it for weeks, but use it up in the next 3 to 5 days.

P.S.: If the yoghurt was yoghurt of course - as in plain Greek yoghurt - and not a mix of some milk, gelatine, colourings, flavourings and a token of fruit. If tha latter then throw it out - no idea how that reacts to being warm for any length of time.

susan21, Nov 4, 5:04am
Thanks so much for that!Having knowledgeable people to ask is a fantastic thing. Im going to throw the icecream as well (did look alright after being refrozen when I lifted the lid a while ago)