Nice frozen meals for baby shower

marley, Nov 12, 5:12am
My friends baby shower is a no gift affair (baby number 3) but rather a frozen meal baby shower. She would rather stock up on weeks of meals so not as to having to stress about cooking in those early weeks after having baby. I know of a few things to do however she loves cooking and is a great cook (and she will be thankful for anything she doesnt have to do herself) but I was wondering if anyone has anything nice that wold freeze and reheat well. Not stews or lasagne's and also dessert options (although I know a few I could do but any other ideas are always appreciated) One thing I loved was when people bought meals that were 'whole' so not minced up or stewed but rather steak or roast pork etc. Can you freeze risotto! Just any other ideas Id love. Thanks

kinna54, Nov 12, 5:25am
What a great idea.
Fish pie freezes well, and is good for breast feeding mums, spag bol, bacon and egg pies, (or any type of pie or quiche)
I have successfully frozen some pasta bakes (depending upon the sauce, some of them seperate if milk based)
Any roast meal or corned beef and veges freeze well. (Beware of peas tho, they do not reheat well.) Also steak can be horrible if frozen and reheated.
Also things like corn fritters, meat balls and sauce freeze well.
Assuming this will be a summer baby! so soups etc would be a no!

marley, Nov 12, 5:50am
Thanks for that!

fifie, Nov 12, 6:53am
Pork,lamb mutton, hogget all good sliced with vegs and gravyif having these yourself cook a few extraand freeze mealsfor them. W/schnitzel vegs gravy,anything with gravy freezes ok. Pork chops veg, apple sauce gravy, lamb chops, chicken pieces, drumsticks list goes on just cook extra if having yourself . Mince can used in many ways to make meals spaghetti bol with a sauce, mince, rissoles,sweet/sour meatballs, beef olives good crockpot meals served with vegs or rice. Make up some macaroni cheese with bacon, onion,macaroni, nice cheesy creamy sauce, on top of sliced cooked potatoes, dash garlic worcester sauce, topped withsliced tomatoes,breadcrumbs, grated cheese browned up on top ready to heat through. Chicken or steak pie, butter chicken and rice, a few ideas that may help. Rice risotto i wouldn't freeze,make a nice one up asparagus, or mushroom etc and take when you go to visit. Steak i wouldn'tfreeze either when cooked, give her a pkt of frozen stir fry vegs and anice sauce orsome steak she could cook herself,dosen't take long to belt out and a good steak even with a tasty salad this time of the year. Dessertsfruit sponge ie apple, rhubarb, any fruit in season, self saucing puddings all good frozen in single potions with sauce., to name a few.What a lovely friend you aredoing this and am sure youre efforts will be gratefully received whatever you make.