Large cup cake tin - help please

2603962, Oct 29, 5:12am
I just brought the large cup cake tin from the Warehouse which is made in two pieces. I have to make a cake for an event where you guess the weight of the cake any ideas I could use for a recipe ifany one has used the tin before what icing do you use to join the two together please.
Many thanks in advance - I am going to practise tonight

jessie981, Oct 29, 6:26am
No help but good luck

me-shell1, Oct 29, 6:28am
use the cheap homebrand cake mix as you prob need a few bags and id think you use a small amount of icing to stick togeather or could use jam

splitty, Oct 30, 7:14am
I usually use buttercream

125g Butter
1 1/2 Cups icing sugar
2 Tablespoons Milk

Have butter and milk at room temp, place butter in a bowl and beat it until it is as white as possible, gradually add about half the sifted icing sugar, beating constantly, add milk gradually, then gradually beat in the remaining icing sugar. it should be smooth and easy to spread.

And for the cake, this is a fantastic recipe that many on here have made and commented on:
Lemon Madeira Cake.
As a cake decorator this is the recipe I always use. It comes out lovely and moist and keeps that way for days. Makes 2 medium cakes or 1 large cake. Gave this recipe on here a few weeks ago and baker was delighted how well it turned out.
1 cup milk
125gm butter. Bring these to the boil
In a mixer, beat 4 eggs and gradually adds 2 cups sugar, 1 pkt lemon jelly crystals and 1 tsp vanilla essence. Beat until thick, then add 2 and a 1/4 cups of plain flour, 1/4 tsp salt and 2 tsp baking powder. Mix then quickly stir in the boiled milk and butter. Turn the mixture into two 7 or 8 inch lined tins and bake 180c for 20 minutes. If using a novelty shaped pan bake the whole mixture for 40 minutes at 180c or until skewer comes out clean.

Quotekiwitrish (211 )12:00 pm, Fri 15 Jul #2
I have made it with strawberry jelly crystals and strawberry essence instead of vanilla or you could try other flavours if you like but the flavour of the jelly crystals is very subtle, if you like a flavoursome cake add the same flavour essence

southerngurl, Oct 30, 7:24am
are u gonna be naughty and hollow it out so it'll be even more confusing to guess the weight!

angelica_bunny, Oct 30, 10:26am
I have a silicone giant cup cake mould and I use the edmonds one egg chocolate cake recipe.I just use a buttercream icing similar to splittys above,I made my icing pink and sprinkled hundreds & thousands on top :o)