potato and leek soup??

hutch30, Mar 25, 10:44pm
anyone got a good recipe for this? preferably in the slow cooker. thanks :)

pixiegirl, Mar 25, 11:09pm
Not for slow cooker but I make the david4t one and always good - she has called it something french (sorry cant think of it at the moment) - will have a look and see if I can bump up thread for you. I dont see wht you couldn't do it in the slow cooker though.

pixiegirl, Mar 25, 11:21pm
just had quick look and couldn't see thread and checked over on the forum site and couldn't see it there either. Anyway this is what I do - I usually use about 4 leeks and maybe 6 potatoes (adjust amount according to your preference)Slice up leeks and dice potatoes. Put good nob of butter in saucepan and add leeks and potatoes and stir them around well in the butter. When all good and coated nicely I add chicken stock to well and truly cover it and simmer till potatoes are cooked. I either use chicken stock or sometime make up the stock with the powder. When potatoes cooked I take off the heat and wizz them up with a stick blender or you can put in a blender. I than return it to the low heat and add a carton of cream to it (500 ml cream) and warm through. I check seasonings at that stage and add what ever else it needs to it. It is such an easy soup to make and it is so good. Sometime I add more potatoes or more leeks and made it a weeks or so ago with mushrooms in it as well - just added them to the mix in the butter. When I blend it as well I sometime make it a smooth soup and sometime make it less smooth, ie chunks of potatoes in it etc. Try it - it is really good. If david4t is around she might be able to give you the exact measurements of each. Happy cooking

mvo, Mar 26, 12:09am
We like this one in Winter - similar to Pixigirl's one above. I am not sure of the source, it may have come from TM cooks...

Ingredients
• 2 large leeks – finely sliced
• knob of butter
• 300 grams bacon or to taste
• 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced (Agria are good)
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
• ½ teaspoon curry powder
• liquid chicken stock as needed
Method
1. Fry leeks and bacon in a large pot with a knob of butter.
2. When cooked, add the potatoes.
3. Add the salt, chicken stock powder and curry powder.
4. Cover with water and simmer until the potatoes fall apart – about 40 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and use a stick blender to blend till smooth.
6. Add more liquid chicken stock and/or water if the mixture is quite thick.
7. Reheat slowly and serve.

purplegoanna, Dec 5, 11:03am
soundz like its mine... its yummo