What do you store your favourite recipes in!

Page 1 / 2
toerag, Sep 24, 1:46am
Try Evernote. It's great. I save everything on that.

lilyfield, Sep 24, 1:51am
PC

southerngurl, Sep 24, 2:21am
I cut them out and glue them into a cookery notebook. got all the goodies from the net and mags in there.

billyjessie, Oct 26, 8:18pm
I have about 5 or so favourite recipes at the moment but they're all from different books, I want to make a favourite book or something but wondering how you guys do it! Do you do books or cards or what!

Thanks!

jillian21, Oct 26, 8:22pm
Do You Have a Scanner! You could print them out and keep together

nfh1, Oct 26, 8:25pm
I have all mine saved on the Laptop - in fact I have enough recipes to last approximately 100 years.

mattdylan, Oct 26, 8:25pm
I use a ringbinder with clear file pages and slot the recipes in them, easy to find and also use coloured tabs for chicken, beef, baking etc. I usually just print my recipes off from the internet so this works really well for me

davidt4, Oct 26, 9:17pm
Saved in folders on my hard drive.

greerg, Oct 26, 9:29pm
Save them to my hard drive and print on cards.Handy in that if one gets spills on it I can reprint it easily but it doesn't have the personal felling of a handwritten recipe book.

kumerakid, Oct 26, 9:40pm
i have my fav's written on index cards, and put them in the index box, easy to find and put on bench to use.

fifie, Oct 26, 9:44pm
Ive used folders, cards, printed them off etc over the years but my latest find is great. Its free download software called recipe ship. It comes with a heap of recipes i just deleted all them and made my own categories to add whatever i choose. Have a icon sitting beside T/mewhen i see a recipe i like copy and paste it to this or copy out of mags, books etc keeps them all nice and tidy and easy to find later works for me. Every so often i back it up on to a CD incase the puter crashes.

billyjessie, Oct 26, 9:58pm
Cool thanks guys keep the ideas coming!

rainrain1, Oct 26, 10:13pm
Yes for the favourites I do the same >But I have plenty of others in a folder on my computer, and also have them saved to an external hard drive.Too many waaaaaaaaaay too many !

elliehen, Oct 26, 10:13pm
rosathemad aka 'mrs cake' has an old laptop mounted on the kitchen wall specifically for recipes and she reads them from the screen.I think you can find her instructions for doing it here:

http://www.mrscake.co.nz/

tania58, Oct 27, 6:16am
ha same!If I gave up work and cooked 20 different things a day I still wouldn't get through all the recipes I want to try even if I lived until 100!

As for favourites, I have them in plastic covers in eastlight folders with an index typed up, folders on the computer, tagged in cook books with what they written on the tags, lists on the front of cookbooks of what I have tagged! I read a cookbook like others read a novel . sometimes this cooking/reading recipe obsession drives me nuts :P

pheebs1, Oct 28, 12:19am
i just have largish notebook from warehouse i write lots of recipes in from library books magazines here etc

lynja, Oct 28, 4:04am
i have started putting post- it notes in the 6 or so exercise books FULL of recipes I have cut out or printed out. every so often I go through them too and re discover ones which I obviously thought were worthy of adding. I also started a tried and true folder for those recipes I use all the time. i also put post-its in books to indicate tried and true. I agree Tania58, but its good fun isnt it!

eastie3, Oct 28, 4:48am
I've just checked and have 308 recipes in my folder.I have actually made approximately 90 of these but daren't delete any in case the day arrives when I will be in desperate need of one that no longer exists.On reflection,60 is generous,I've possibly made less than half of that.

52many, Oct 28, 4:58am
I have a hardcover book. A young girl we fostered and who stayed for a few years, saw my falling to pieces old book and asked me if I wanted a new one. So I said Ok and I went through all the recipes and ticked the ones I wanted in my new book. I had over 150 recipes maybe more and she handwrote them all and covered my new book and wrote something nice in the front. I think of her every time I use it. It took her weeks to doand she gave it to me for my birthday. Very kind and thoughtful.

crystalmoon, Oct 28, 5:01am
thats really lovely 52many :):)

52many, Oct 28, 5:07am
Yes I thought so.She used to disappear into her bedroom every day after school doing her homework and then my book and spent a lot of time in the weekends.I've waved my wooden spoon around a bit when I've discovered the odd missing ingredient or cooking instructions but I've been cooking for years so I caught up pretty quick, lol!

ace441, Oct 28, 10:50am
I type mine up into sized textboxes, cut them out and slip them into a photo album (the one with pockets) - any spills or splashes can simply be wiped off. I have five albums - Cakes & Muffins, Desserts, Savoury etc.

lilyfield, Oct 28, 7:05pm
on the PC. if it crashes- its baked beans on toast. I can mange that without looking.

gardie, Oct 28, 7:10pm
I brought one of those recipes books that you write in.I only put recipes into it that are well tried and that we all like as a family.(At least 2-3 times made).When my daughter comes to visit - that's the one she goes to to find a recipe - or gets me to give her over the phone.

clair4, Oct 28, 10:48pm
I have pasted mine into scrapbooks from the $2.00 shop.Sorted out the recipes into catorgaries and cut to size and pasted into books.Lovely to sit and turn the pages and drool.I got the idea from a cafe which has one open on display from many years ago.It is a good way to sort out what you want to keep.Sometimes you can get quite a few recipes on one page.