Help With a slice idea!

petax, Oct 26, 1:21am
Hello
Im wanting a really nice tasting and looking slice that can be made a day ahead. It also has to be cheap to make, I cant afford to get too many fancy ingredients. Thanks.

petax, Oct 26, 1:49am
Thank-you so much for your help. The thread looks great.

kinna54, Oct 26, 3:10am
*The biscuit cake* A versatile fudge slice.

Ingredients:
250gwine biscuits
1/2 cup cornflakes
1/2 cup sultanas
125g butter
3-4 TBSPS condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method:
Crush wine biscuits and cornflakes finely.
To this add the sultanas .
Melt together butter, vanilla essence and condensed milk.

Add this to the dry mixture and blend together well.
Press into a swiss roll tin.
Ice with chocolate icing. Sprinkle withcoconut or chopped nuts.

Variations on this can be: #
Add cocoa to make the base chocolate flavoured.
# leave out sultanas and vanilla essence, add grated zest of 1 lemon and 1 TBSP lemon juice, ice with lemon icing.
#Replace sultanaswith dried apricots, replace vanilla with orange juice and ice with an orange icing.
# add coffee essence and use caramel condensed milk andice with coffee icing.
Store this slice in a plastic container in the fridge. Keeps well.

katienz11, Oct 26, 4:35am
Lemon Delicious Slice (Makes 24 pieces)

Ingredients
• 150g unsalted butter, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/3 cup caster sugar
• 1 tablespoon cornflour
• 1 1/3 cups plain flour
• Icing sugar mixture, to serve

Lemon Topping

• 4 eggs
• 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
• 1/3 cup plain flour
• 1 1/3 cups caster sugar
• 2/3 cup lemon juice
Method
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 3cm-deep, 16cm x 26cm slice pan. Line with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang on all sides.
2. Place butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute or until melted. Set aside to cool. Stir in vanilla and sugar. Sift flours over butter mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir until a soft dough forms. Transfer to prepared pan. Press into pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven. Set aside to cool.
3. Make topping Whisk eggs, lemon rind, flour and sugar together until smooth. Add lemon juice. Whisk to combine. Pour over base. Bake for 15 minutes or until just set. Cool completely in pan. Dust with icing sugar. Cut into pieces. Serve.

sla11, Oct 26, 7:45am
Choc Fudge - really easy!
4oz butter, 1/2 c sugar, tsp cocoa, beaten egg - in pot, stirring bring to boil. Add to pkt crushed plain biscuits (Budget brand ok). Add drop of Vanilla Essence. Mix well. If too dry add more melted butter (small amount at a time). Press into greased tin. Ice.Cut before too hard. Good Luck!

billyjessie, Oct 26, 8:21pm
Odfellow slice

Pack plain biscuits, tin cond milk, 8 oddfellows (I do about 15 tough as I love peppermint)!

Crush all together put in tin and ice - SO easy!

..thablonde1.., Oct 26, 9:24pm
The biscuit cake has become a favourite in our house since finding it on here. Thank you to the poster. I dribble white chocolate on it and it is divine