Christmas Pudding do you have an absolute favourit

allurs, Oct 23, 12:51am
There are so many recipies and each year i seem to be trying a new one and cant seem to get the best one.Love it to be real fruity but also cakey sick of trying more and its getting expensive trying them out so if you have the best please help out im sure i wont be the only one wanting this many thanks

kiwitrish, Oct 23, 1:09am
For me it has to be the Delia Smith recipe.Always a beautiful tasty pudding.Family love it.I have requests each year from friends to make it for them.

allurs, Oct 23, 1:38am
yum it looks great what size basin do you cook it in kiwitrish

marcs, Oct 23, 2:15am
This one here from Cookessentials. It is a beautiful pudding. Just make half (easier to half than a third and you get more fruit) the FRUIT mixture though as that is all you need for the pudding. yum

Two-In-One Rich Christmas Cake and Pudding

Basic fruit mixture
4½ cups (720g) sultanas
1 cup (150g) currants
1½ cups (250g) raisins, chopped
1 cup (170g) pitted dried dates, chopped
1 cup (170g) pitted prunes, chopped
3/4 cup (180g) glace cherries
½ cup (125g) chopped glace apricots
½ cup (115g) chopped glace pineapple
125g packet fine diced glace ginger
1 medium (150g) apple, peeled, grated
½ cup (175g) marmalade, warmed
1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon mixed spice
1 cup (250ml) Grand Marnier

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; cover tightly.
Store mixture in cool, dry place overnight, stirring occasionally

250g butter, softened
1½ cups (300g) firmly packed dark brown sugar
4 eggs
4 cups (280g) stale breadcrumbs (not dry)
1 cup (150g) plain flour
1/3 quantity Basic Fruit Mixture
1/3 cup (50g) plain flour, extra

Beat butter and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined between additions. Transfer butter mixture to a large bowl; stir in breadcrumbs, flour and fruit mixture

I have a 1.7litre stainless steel pudding bowl with a clip on lid which i use for mine. Steam for 2 - 3 hours. You can use your slow cooker as well to stream.

PLEASE NOTE, YOU USE 1/3 OF THE BASIC FRUIT MIXTURE ABOVE FOR THE STEAMED PUDDING. THE REMAINING YOU MAKE THE CAKE. HOWEVER, I JUST BASICALLY HLAVE THE RECIPE AND MAKE JUST THE PUDDING.