Your ur recipes out

farmerdude123, Oct 13, 8:48pm
Hey there

i am making a recipe book for a fundraiser,the money will go to the starship hospital, so wat i want people to do is to send me your best repice so i can put them into a recipe book, which then i well get make and sell,

Thanks

davidt4, Oct 13, 9:07pm
That has reminded me- what happened to the recipe book that was to be compiled from recipes in this forum and sold to raise funds for Christchurch earthquake victims!

buzzy110, Oct 13, 9:19pm
pixiegirl is a member of the dark side. You could always PM her to see how it is going. Last report it was getting ready for the printers. They had to double check on copywrite and stuff I think. I'm sure she'll be back here to let us know when it is ready so we can buy a copy. I'm really looking forward to it. Did you submit any of your fantastic recipes in!

davidt4, Oct 13, 9:23pm
No, not a member.You know me - all sweetness and light.

I don't think I was asked to submit recipes - cant really remember.It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

elliehen, Oct 13, 11:05pm
Helen is a feminine given name derived from the Greek Ἑλένη Helene, meaning "torch" or "corposant" (St Elmo's fire).

valentino, Oct 14, 1:11am
farmerdude123, a number of people have done this and quite often always asking for recipes, fair enough, great.

But can one make a suggestion that perhaps one could do something like knowing the basics in recipes, or tips in improving tastes, or even using an item and make someting so simple yet yummy.

Take a piece of Flakey Pastry for example, from this one can do very easily Custard Squares, Napoleans, Cheese Straws, savouries, pies.

To add a nice taste to something, whilst cooking add a couple of strips of lemon peel - just like using a potato peeler on a lemon, just adds a nice tang to certain dishes.

There are heaps of tips and ways of doing things but no-one seems yet to put it into a nice publication of such - even only partially included with appropriate recipes.

Just thoughts but hopes it helps.

Cheers for your project though.

elliehen, Oct 14, 1:56am
farmerdude, I have a lot of this kind of book in my collection and nowadays, with so much easy access to recipes on the internet, they tend to be a bit repetitive.I like valentino's ideas and would add the suggestion of maybe a book with a theme.

A lot of posters in Recipes ask for recipes for beginner cooks, oftenfor their student sons and daughters who are leaving home.As your fundraiser is for a Children's Hospital, why not compile recipes and cooking tips suitable for beginners and young people!

farmerdude123, Oct 14, 7:12am
hey there thank you for ur idea, im think ill do that idea of making a book for beginners,