Cookessentials !

Page 1 / 2
dbab, Oct 11, 8:05pm
We will be going to a wedding in the Wairarapa in a few weeks and I was wondering if you had gift vouchers available from your store!

Thanks for your help.

pickles7, Oct 11, 8:21pm
We have a Kitchen-ware shop closing its doors here in Hastings, everything has been heavily discounted.

cookessentials, Oct 11, 8:50pm
yes, we sure do

pickles7, Oct 11, 9:08pm
Remember, gift vouchers, are not recognised by receivers.

cookessentials, Oct 11, 10:00pm
ever the pot stirrer I see.

elliehen, Oct 11, 10:02pm
.so better not buy them from your Hastings shop which is closing down ;)

cookessentials, Oct 11, 10:15pm
or wait till you walk into the store and find something beautiful then.always lots of quality product to choose from.

maynard9, Oct 12, 1:46am
Man Pickles7 - you really do talk out of your butt sometimes.

That would have to be one of the most ridiculous generalized statements I have ever read.

cookessentials, Oct 12, 1:47am
Oh no maynard.it was directed right at me.although the heading did not say "pickles7"

elleneva, Oct 12, 2:01am
Hi cookessentials - a bit off topic, but I wanted to hear your reccommendations on cake mixers - I had borrowed a friends "Breville Whizz" something or rather - stand mixer and it's ok - but I am on the lookout for something really good to buy my own.I had heard that Kitchenmaid were good, but the Breville with the sides scraper looks good too - I bake alot and also make bread, so want something decent.Any suggestions!

cookessentials, Oct 12, 2:28am
Hi Lisa
Well, the KitchenAid certainly are one of the best on the market and used by many professional chef's worldwide. What I like about them is that they are a gear driven, direct drive machine as opposed to a belt driven machine.
Many people mistakenly think that high wattage means better performance and this is incorrect. The belt driven machines are usually high wattage,whereas the KitchenAid is a lower wattage which is an energy saving feature as well as the fact that being gear driven, there is no need for fast and in-efficient motors. KitchenAid actually does a beater blade with the scraper edges. You will also find that the KitchenAid mixes to some 67 points in the mixer bowl as opposed to about 11 with it's competitors. The bowl will take enough dough for two standard loaves of bread The KSM150 Artisan stand mixer comes with the dough hook, wire whisk, flat beater and pouring shield as standard accessories. All the other parts fit straight onto the hub at the front of the machine. The KitchenAid side scraper type beater is called the flex edge beater. You will get a DVD and CD Rom with your machine which takes yu through the different attachments and what you can do with them. We actually run this DVD in the shop for people to get a better understanding of the machine. it is an all-metal construction and is hand assembled in the USA and before pickles jumps in to offer her "opinion" the stainless steel 4.8Litre bowl is made in Korea. The machine actually weighs 11.3 kilo's so it's no lightweight. We had a promotion on these in August and we sold eight.

dbab, Oct 12, 2:47am
Thanks for that. :)

mamameow, Oct 12, 5:07am
Is the shop closing Jessicas

nfh1, Oct 12, 5:37am
It certainly did not look like it yesterday when I was in there - really well stocked.There is a small one across the road which had a sale on - not sure if it is that one.

elliehen, Oct 12, 10:02pm
.so better not buy them from the Hastings shop which is closing down ;)

Edited for afterthought:Post-wedding exchanges would be impossible too.

elleneva, Oct 13, 7:05am
Cookessentials - you are awesome!thanks for all of that info! x

cookessentials, Oct 13, 5:55pm
You are most welcome Lisa. You coudl always get yourself one of the latest brochures/catalogues which gives you lots of info along with all the colours, the models etc.

wicked15, Oct 13, 7:06pm
She sure is,she has helped me heaps bless her.
I bought the blender kitchen aid off her,it sits on my bench,I use it everyday,she is a wonderful person,I only buy off her.
Everything is packed beautifully,she takes alot of effect.

wicked15, Oct 13, 7:07pm
Just realized I am in my dp account,he did not sign off,lol,it is earthangel here.

cookessentials, Oct 13, 8:28pm
Mmmm.wicked and earthangel, that's a good combination LOL

earthangel4, Oct 13, 9:57pm
lol you brighten up my day.

cookessentials, Oct 13, 11:01pm
Well, thankyou.what a lovely thing to say. Check out the gingerbread house making classes on the fb page.they are awesome.

earthangel4, Oct 14, 2:35am
I checked out the site,and have to say,just love your gingerbread house,it is so awesome,so wished I could bake like that,have to say I am a useless cook,when it comes to cakes and all,but am good at meal planing,will dp thinks I am lol lol.

cookessentials, Oct 14, 6:35am
I must say EA.everyone did a fabulous job once they got the tips from Linda about assembly.

earthangel4, Oct 15, 6:22pm
Awwww well done to all.