Biscuit help pse

meltingmoment, Mar 25, 2:48am
I've decided to do some baking, and I'm on a biscuit buzz at the moment. I made 65 biscuits yesterday, and they've all gone!

So I'm making some more. My question is, should the biscuit dough be more of a sticking together consistency or more of a sticking together but can still see flour consistency. Don't know if I've explained it properly, sorry.

I'm using the basic biscuit recipe from the Edmonds Cookbook, adding cocoa for chocolate ones. But the amount butter they are telling me to add doesn't seem to be enough. When I add the amount they are telling me to, it's still quite floury, and so when I cook them they basically stay the same size when cooked.

If I make the mixture a bit more runny (well not runny, but more sticky), they spread out more when cooked.

Should my biscuits spread in the oven or stay the same. Probably a really stupid question you say, but I'm a bit baffled.

babytears, Dec 3, 1:49am
It all completely depends on the type of biscuit you are making... . some are ment to hold their shape and not expand, others spread. If you were to try anzac biscuits for example, you'll see the consistency would be very different