If you had pumpkin

Page 1 / 2
motorbo, Oct 9, 6:21am
apart from soup.whats ya fave way of eating it!

buzzy110, Oct 9, 6:26am
Historically there has only ever been only one way to eat food! there are many ways to prepare/cook and present it.

lx4000, Oct 9, 6:28am
toasted, in gravy. mmmMmmm and boiled.

rrrg, Oct 9, 6:28am
scones

motorbo, Oct 9, 6:47am
why even bother to post in here, we both know what we think of each other

spr0uts, Oct 9, 6:49am
Roasted with asparagus, onion, broccoli and any other veges hiding in the fridge. Drizzle it with balsamic vinegar and some lemon pepper seasoning chuck it in the oven and cook till soft and starting to crisp. Great accompaniment to any meat, fish or mix through lentils or cheese. Wonderfully versatile veggie. I hear I can make tasty pancake mix too.

prawn_whiskas, Oct 9, 6:49am
Don't ask my FIL, he thinks pumpkins are only fit for pig food.I make a point of serving him the 'poor peoples food' (pumpkin) when ever I can. Ha!

kinna54, Oct 9, 7:14am
roasted with rosemary and garlic, pumpkin pie YUM!pumpkin scones, fritatta.

tapuaeroa1, Oct 9, 7:24am
pumpkin pie!

motorbo, Oct 9, 7:41am
oh yes pumpkin pie is delish.but i cant eat a whole pie and im gluten free

elliehen, Oct 9, 10:37am
Wrong ;)

Main Entry:
eat  [eet] Show
Part of Speech:verb
Definition:consume food
Synonyms:absorb, attack, banquet, bite, bolt, break bread, breakfast, chew, chow down, cram, devour, digest, dine, dispatch, dispose of, fall to, feast upon, feed, gobble up, gorge, gormandize, graze, have a bite, have a meal, have for, ingest, inhale, lunch, make pig of oneself, masticate, munch, nibble, nosh, partake of, peck at, pick, pig out, polish off, pork out, put away, ruminate, scarf, scoff, snack, sup, swallow, take food, take in, take nourishment, wolf

elliehen, Oct 9, 10:40am
I like the caramelisation that occurs when you roast it.Roasting seems to bring out the full flavour.

marcs, Oct 9, 1:00pm
Pumpkin loaf

gardie, Oct 9, 5:57pm
Roasting.I do wish that everyone would keep their nasty/smart comments to themselves.It is most unbecoming.

nzl99, Oct 9, 6:05pm
Roasting definitely.

kennymac, Oct 9, 8:00pm
Pumpkin and Orange Muffins

fifie, Oct 9, 8:24pm
Roasted served warm as a salad with curry dressing and few herbs, Pumpkin and Spinach Lasagne, Pumpkin loaves or muffins, microwaved with a sprinkle of bacon stock, pumpkin bake with a creamy cheese sauce topped with breadcrumbs and cheese.

cookessentials, Oct 9, 8:36pm
Well, for me.roasted, mashed with a little butter and nutmeg, pumpkin scones or pumpkin pie. My famous pumpkin loaves and also in a lovely tikka masala vegetarian curry with aubergine.

motorbo, Oct 9, 8:38pm
ohh that curry sounds interesting.runs to google

cgvl, Oct 9, 8:52pm
muffins or roasted

cookessentials, Oct 10, 1:31am
motorbo, I can get it for you when I get home. It has chunks of aubergine, pumpkin, chick peas ( I use cannelleni beans as I prefer them) a sachet of either Pataks or Aisian Home Gourmet tikka masala paste, tinned toms ( from memory) onion etc.

elliehen, Oct 10, 1:42am
Here's a complete meal.

buzzy110, Oct 10, 1:45am
Of course I am correct. Please advise of any one of those many forms of eating that doesn't first involve putting the food into your mouth. Drinking is not eating in the accepted sense of the word, though it is a way of absorbing nourishment and it does first involve putting the food into the mouth. Just thought I'd clarify in case you get confused and try to eat your food through some other orifice.

suzannelg, Oct 10, 4:44am
Pumpkin and Thyme Cannelloni, Pumpkin and Blue cheese muffins, Pumpkin, Sundried Tomato and Cashew Filos, + simply roasted with Garlic and Red Onion

motorbo, Oct 10, 5:07am
thank UUUUUUUUUUUUUU elliehen wrote:
[quote=toadfis-
h]Jamie Oliver's 30-minute meals: Rogan Josh
CURRY
2 onions
1 medium butternut squash
1 small cauliflower
optional: 1 fresh red chilli
4 cloves of garlic
a bunch of fresh coriander
½ a 283g jar of Patak's rogan josh paste
1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
100g prewashed baby spinach
1 x 500g tub of natural yoghurt

RICE
1 mug of basmati rice
a few whole cloves

CARROT SALAD
a handful of flaked almonds
5 or 6 carrots
1 fresh red chilli
a bunch of fresh coriander
a 2cm piece of fresh ginger
1 lemon

CHAPATTIS
1 pack of chapattis
turmeric, for dusting

LEMON PICKLE
1 lemon
2 teaspoons mustard seeds
1 level teaspoon turmeric
¼ of a fresh red chilli
1 small dried chilli

SEASONINGS
olive oil
extra virgin olive oil
sea salt & black pepper

TO SERVE
1 packet of poppadoms
cold beer

TO START Get all your ingredients and equipment ready.
Fill and boil the kettle. Put a large saucepan on a high
heat.Turn the oven on to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. Put the coarse grater attachment into the food processor.

CURRY Peel and slice the onions and add to the large pan with a splash of water and a few good lugs of olive oil.
Carefully cut the butternut squash in half across the middle (for speed I'm only using the seedless neck), wrap up the base and put in the fridge for another day. Quarter the neck lengthways, then slice it into 1cm chunks - no need to peel them .Add to the pan.Trim the cauliflower and remove the outer leaves. Cut it into bite-sized chunks, and throw them into the pan. If you want some extra heat, slice up the chilli and add it now. Crush in the unpeeled garlic. Finely chop the coriander (stalks and all). Reserve a few leaves for garnish and add the rest to the pan with a couple of generous splashes of boiled water. Add the rogan josh paste and the tin of chickpeas, with their juices. Season and stir well, then put a lid on. Cook hard and fast, stirring occasionally.

RICE Put the mug of rice into a medium saucepan with a lug of olive oil and a few cloves, then cover with 2 mugs of
boiled water (use the same mug you used for the rice).Add a pinch of salt, then put the lid on and boil on a medium heat for 7 minutes. Fill and reboil the kettle.

CHAPATTIS Scrunch up a large sheet of greaseproof paper under the tap. Flatten it out, then layer the chapattis
on top, drizzling each lightly with a little olive oil and a sprinkling of turmeric. Wrap them in the paper and put them on the middle shelf of the oven.

CARROT SALAD Toast the almonds in a small pan on a medium heat, tossing occasionally until golden.Tip into
a small bowl. Wash and trim the carrots. Grate them in food processor, using the coarse grater attachment, with the chilli (stalks and seeds removed), the top third of a bunch of coriander and a peeled 2cm piece of ginger. Tip into a serving bowl.

CURRY Check and add a splash of water if it looks a bitdry. Stir, then replace the lid.

RICE By now the 7 minutes should be up, so take the rice off the heat and leave it to sit with the lid on for 7 minutes. This
will let it steam and will give you beautiful fluffy nutty rice.

CARROT SALAD Drizzle a lug of extra virgin olive oil over the salad and add a pinch of salt. Finely grate in a little lemon zest, then add a good squeeze of lemon juice. Toss well. Sprinkle over the toasted almonds and half of the reserved coriander leaves, and take to the table.

CURRY Take the lid off. Do you need to adjust the consistency at this point! If so, you can add a generous splash of boiled water, depending on whether you want it drier or wetter. Or mash up some of the veg for different textures. Taste and add a pinch of salt, if needed, then add the spinach and stir through.

LEMON PICKLE Cut the lemon into eighths, then deseed and finely slice. Finely slice the red chilli quarter. Put the
small pan you toasted the almonds in back on to a medium to high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil to the pan and the
mustard seeds,[/q