Very easy fish pie

chebat, Sep 28, 1:07am
Using hoki, I have onion, carrots, peas but no leeks

cookessentials, Sep 28, 1:32am
You dont have to have leeks. Just lightly steam your fish and flake it. Saute your onion in some butter. Make a white sauce and gently fold this into your flaked fish and onion mixture ( and other cooked vege if you wish) season to your taste. Make a nice creamy mash and place over the top of the fish mixture. Rough up the top with a fork and you can add a little grated cheese to the top if you wish. Pop in a pre-heated oven at around 170-180C and bake until golden and heated through. For an extra golden top, you can pop it under the grill.

motorbo, Sep 28, 4:02am
heya cooke.do u do it any different for a tinned fish pie! just curious as to what your recipe would be, cheers

seniorbones, Sep 28, 5:36am
I used to use tinned fish years ago but havent seen it for a long time. I used to make a white sauce with lots of parsley and add the fish, boiled eggs on top and then topped with mashed potatoes then covered with cheese and heat in the oven until the cheese melted and browned.

seniorbones, Sep 28, 5:38am
Now I use fresh fish the same as pams recipe above but I poach my fish in 1/2 water and 1/2 white wine a bayleaf and a few black pepper corns, no salt as it can make the fish tough fold through a white sauce and top the same.