Cake decorators, help please

hoodlum, Sep 23, 7:33am
how do you get buttercream icing perfect!i had lumps of kremelta in mine today,,,, do you melt it or soften it

gardie, Sep 23, 9:35am
Buttercreaam icing should just be butter - beaten till white then add sifted icing sugar.A spot of milk can be added too so as it is a spreadable consistency.I'm guessing you used kremelta in place of butter - haven't heard of that - but you would need to have it really soft but not melted so you can beat it well.I think it would be quite hard to get kremelta to the required consistency - its either hard or liquid.Would need lots of 'working'.

jbkav, Sep 23, 10:03pm
I use half kremelta and half butter, just cuts down the strong butter taste. I start by making the kremelta very soft then beat it to death. Then beat in the butter untill theyre both really well mixed, then add vanilla, icing sugar and finally milk.

kiwitrish, Sep 24, 1:35am
I quite agree.I only use kremelta if wanting the icing really white.

kimmy810, Sep 25, 8:47am
I grate the kremelta if it is really hard.Makes it a little easier

kuaka, Sep 25, 8:56am
I would have to wonder why you'd put anything but butter in buttercream icing, otherwise it wouldn't be buttercream would it!

tw1nkle, Sep 26, 1:16am
i melt my kremelta, then leave it on the bench to cool until it turns white but is still relatively liquid. I beat my butter until whipped and white, then add in the almost liquid kremelta, combine then add vanilla and icing sugar. Beat until light and creamy.

cookiebarrel, Sep 26, 11:59am
I would have to wonder why you'd put anything but butter in buttercream icing, otherwise it wouldn't be buttercream would it!
kuaka

It's a Wilton thing to use half vege shortning in the buttercream icing and for a long time the only one you could get was Kremelta.I do have a recipe for buttercream that I got out of a 1970's English Women's Weekly that uses just a Kremelta type thing in it.They were making blue icing.