Quick chicken dinner - only for the very clever

vintagekitty, Sep 16, 10:37pm
1 x cooked chicken - you may choose own flavour
1 x pkt cheese and Bacon bread rolls
3x assorted salads from the deli, we recommend coleslaw, potato salad and the rice one.
this is where it gets tricky
1x pkt of watties pom poms. Snip the pkt open and lay on a lightly oiled roasting dish. Cook for the given time

Ok, Arrange chicken, salad and pom poms attractively on plate, serve to the side or on a sep plate a fresh bun. I like to warm these through in the oven for approx 10 mins.
You may like to provide tomato sauce and ranch dressing for the pom poms

You are welcome - enjoy!

otterhound, Sep 16, 10:40pm
Brilliant!Not sure if I'm up to the cooking of the pompoms yet though!

vintagekitty, Sep 16, 10:41pm
thats ok, good things take time

lythande1, Sep 17, 12:46am
Haha. I have a chook today, going to stuff it and make a mushrooms sauce, and deciding on roast potatoes or mint potatoes. I know, the mint potatoes doesn't match but the mints grown carzy. Veges! Not sure yet, but tomorrow some of the chook will become mushroom and chicken cannelloni.

cookessentials, Sep 17, 1:07am
You know VK, sometimes when I get home late and cant be bothered cooking, the nicest meal is sometimes rotisserie chicken, coleslaw, baby beets and bean salad with French bread on the side. Quick, easy and always enjoyed.

lyl_guy, Sep 17, 3:15am
Another great use for a pre-cooked chook is to chop it up, and mix with halved cherry tomatoes, couscous and herbs.Serve with salad!

elliehen, Sep 17, 6:33am
Pleez don't cook the chooks ;)

buzzy110, Sep 17, 6:52am
And for dessert! What would clever people have! And what about the soup course! You forgot about that. Many people quite like an entree as well. Why stop at just the main course.

vintagekitty, Sep 17, 7:37am
Oh even though I was joking yeah, cooked supermarket chook tastes so good, love the skin!.

Llyl guy, I make a very similar dish.
I think Chicken is my most fav meat, I had smoked chick, Avo, feta, olives, tomato and mixed salad leaves for dinner tonight, was lovely