Quick easy way to make dehydrated Apple

ibcreative, Sep 16, 3:57am
Yes, I bought one to do exactly that.

Does it work as well as they say oxamus!

oxamus, Sep 16, 4:03am
I was sceptical, but found it incredible, I think after using it for a very long time the blade will perhaps get a bit blunt. I found the suction cup doesn't hold to my bench (a bit bubbly, not smooth) if you are trying to do it quickly but it is very easy to just rest one hand on base of the unit while peeling fast :D
Will also use it for making some apple crumble :D

I am about to buy them as xmas prezzies as it is a cheap but cool gift. I asked a question on one of their auctions and they are setting up 10 for me :-)

ibcreative, Sep 16, 4:21am
Cool. I'll look forward to mine arriving so I can try it out.

pickles7, Sep 16, 4:52am
I gave mine away. The person I gave it to did not think that much of it, and passed it on. Hope I don't get it back. lol. Yes the blade gets blunt, then you have to have a round apple, etc. I found there was more work after using mine, than if I peeled the apple by hand. Great novelty value.

buzzy110, Sep 16, 5:43am
I was wondering what further treatment you gave the apples before popping them into the dehydrator to stop the sugars oxidising before they are completely dried. Did you dip them in lemon juice or something else!

juliewn, Sep 16, 12:50pm
Friends have one of these, purchased many years ago and used often - it's stayed sharp and works great.

ibcreative, Sep 16, 11:11pm
Thanks - that's great to hear.

samsnan, Sep 16, 11:14pm
When I was in oz a few months back I saw a guy using one at a market. He had a washed potato on it and made the whole potato into a spring shape and then seasoned it and deep fried it. Only took a couple of minutes but they were delicous.