Russian fudge recipe plz

jessie981, Sep 15, 9:23am
675gr sugar
1/2c milk
1/2 tin condensed milk
125gr butter
1/4tsp salt
1TBSP golden syrup
Put sugar & milk in saucepan & bring to boil; add condensed milk, butter, salt & golden syrup. Boil 30 mins, stirring often. Beat until thick (approx 5 mins). Pour into greased container.

whiskey13, Sep 21, 12:49am
CREAMY, NO-BEAT FUDGE
Bring to boil on medium heat stirring ALL the time:
1 cup brown sugar
125 gm butter (room temp so you're not starting from rock hard)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon golden syrup
Simmer on low for ten minutes, stirring ALL the time all around the pot to prevent little brown bits forming
Remove from heat and quickly stir in till melted 100 gms Whittaker's white chocolate
Pour into 20 cm square tin lined with baking paper
Do not cut until completely cold, for neat edges (the chocolate needs time to set)
I had NEVER made fudge before, then i found this recipe and now this is the ONLY recipe i will ever use as it is fail proof
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT MY RECIPE BUT ONE I FOUND ON HERE, THANKS TO WHOEVER POSTED IT (name escapes me lol)

gardie, Sep 21, 6:28pm
This is the same one I use from the Edmonds recipe book.I always double it to use the whole tin and set it in a buttered roast pan.If you boil it too fast, it will be ready before the 30 mins, you can tell by the colour it goes.And don't worry if when you stir it, little brown bits float up off the bottom as they all seem to dissapear into the mix.My biggest tip is to do it very, very slowly and once you know what it is like you can then hasten the process.I used to make it to sell in our coffee shop but it did take practice to get it just right.

ayglepaygle, Sep 28, 9:25am
I use the Edmonds recipe (as jessie981) and double it as well (like gardie). Makes a great amount for gifts etc. I leave it to cool for a bit before beating it in my Kenwood mixer. YUM!