Ideas with leftover white wine

bappy, Sep 11, 9:17pm
We have some leftover white wine. All teetotallers in our household.What can I do with it other than cooking mussells or making risoto!Can I use it to soak my fruit mince!

davidt4, Sep 11, 9:22pm
Add it to a chicken, pork or lamb casserole after the meat has been browned.

I don't think white wine would improve fruit mince.

leray1, Sep 11, 9:28pm
Even salmon can be marinated in white wine (overnight to get the most of the flavour is best) :)

cookessentials, Sep 11, 9:29pm
I use white wine in any light gravy that I make.for chicken or light meats. You can also freeze it into small containers ( ice cube trays will do) and then free flow them in a sealed bag and use them for a risotto or some other dish when required.

lx4000, Sep 11, 11:13pm
marinate steaks in it!

lx4000, Sep 11, 11:13pm
freeze it and add to stews and gravies!

sunnyflower, Sep 12, 2:12am
french onion soup

crystalmoon, Sep 12, 2:28am
cheese fondue :)

pickles7, Sep 12, 2:47am
Make a little, white wine vinegar.
You will need a wide mouthed jar, a litre sized preserving jar. The larger the better.
2 parts wine [12% alcohol] x 1 part water. less water, if the wine has less Alcohol.
Pour some," raw cider vinegar", in with the wine/water.
Put a clean piece of cotton material, over the neck of the bottle put a rubber band around that, to keep the fruit flies out. Shake up a bit, put in a dark ,warm place. Wait until the"mother of vinegar " sinks. It may only take six weeks all going well. Longer won't matter. Strain and use. If it is not strong enough, remove the dead,"mother", Shake up to add more oxygen, and leave for a new"mother of vinegar "to do her job.

davidt4, Sep 12, 9:22pm
Add it to a chicken, pork or lamb casserole after the meat has been browned.

I don't think white wine would improve fruit mince.

pickles7, Sep 13, 2:47am
Make a little, white wine vinegar.
You will need a wide mouthed jar, a litre sized preserving jar. The larger the better.
2 parts wine [12% alcohol] x 1 part water. less water, if the wine has less Alcohol.
Pour some," raw cider vinegar", in with the wine/water.
Put a clean piece of cotton material, over the neck of the bottle put a rubber band around that, to keep the fruit flies out. Shake up a bit, put in a dark ,warm place. Wait until the"mother of vinegar " sinks. It may only take six weeks all going well. Longer won't matter. Strain and use. If it is not strong enough, remove the dead,"mother", Shake up to add more oxygen, and leave for a new"mother of vinegar "to do her job.