Israeli Couscous.can someone please

sporty32, Sep 4, 5:07am
tell me if this is prepared in the some way as ordinary couscous.
Also any nice receipes out there for this! Thanks!

uli, Sep 4, 5:34am
Israeli couscous is basically pasta balls. You can use any risoni pasta recipe or any other pasta recipe.

xpressoholic, Sep 5, 1:17am
you have to cook it longer than the other type of couscous - like pasta - bring the water to the boil & then add couscous & boil for about 10 mins. I use it a bit like rice, under a nice tangine or similar but it also makes yummy salads - add feta and chopped parsley & tomatoes & dressing or roast veges for a roast vege salad. You can also use it instead of short grain rice for any risotto recipe.

cookessentials, Sep 5, 2:44am
Israeli couscous is made from semolina & wheat flour.nothing like pasta really. The Israeli couscous is alot larger than the standard couscous and is sometimes called pearl couscous and is usually toasted instead of dried. I actually prefer it, although it does depend on how it is done.
Just follow the packet instructions which, from memory as much the same as xpressoholics above.

uli, Sep 5, 4:15am
Yes - the Israeli couscous is made like pasta, from semolina and flour and it can get very soft if cooked too long - just like pasta.

And what you call "standard" couscous is made exactly the same - just smaller:
http://www.drgourmet.com/ingredients/couscous.shtml

Then there is bulgur (sometimes spelled bulghur) which is just cracked wheat, which has been cooked and dried again.

cookessentials, Sep 5, 4:38am
I have a great recipe for buttery couscous using the standard couscous if you would like it.