Finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
1/3 cup sugar
125g butter, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 egg
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
icing sugar, to dust

1.Quarter apples, remove cores and slice flesh in wedges.Place sliced apples, water, lemon juice and 1/3 cup sugar in a saucepan.Simmer for 5 minutes until apples are tender.Spread cooked apples in a deep-sided oven dish.

2.Preheat oven to 180 deg C.Place butter and 1/2 cup caster sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy.Beat in egg and stir in lemon zest.

3.Sift flour and baking powder over creamed mixture and stir to just combine.Place spoonfuls of mixture over the apples - the mixture is thick but will spread during cooking to cover apple base.

4.Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until sponge springs back when touched.Dust with icing sugar to serve.

griffo4, Sep 1, 7:30am
Here you go l hope it is the one and please can your let us know how it comes out as it sounds really nice
l have asked my dentists if they could photo copy recipes l have found there and they are only to happy to do it or the other thing l have done is get out pen and paper and write it on whatever piece of paper l have in my handbag,lol

Lemony Apple Sponge Pudding
Serves 8
4 large cooking apples, peeled
1/3 cup cold water
Finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
1/3 cup sugar
125g butter, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 egg
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
Icing sugar, to dust

Quarter apples, remove cores and slice flesh in wedges
Place sliced apples, water, lemon juice and 1/3 cup sugar in a saucepan
Simmer for 5 minutes until apples are tender
Spread cooked apples in a deep sided oven dish
Preheat oven to 180C
Place butter and 1/2 cup caster sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy
Beat in egg and stir in lemon zest
Sift flour and b aking powder over creamed mixture and stir to just combine
Place spoonfuls of mixture over apples - the mixture is thick but will spread during cooking to cover apple base
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until sponge springs back when touched
Dust with icing sugar

griffo4, Sep 1, 7:30am
Snap kuaka you can obviously type faster than me,lol

kuaka, Sep 1, 8:14am
maybe - last time my typing speed was tested, it was 98wpm and 100% accurate, mind you that was 20 years or more ago!

sybil5, Sep 1, 8:41am
Thank you so much , it looked and sounded so nice
I can't wait to try it

griffo4, Sep 1, 9:57pm
kuaka l never had my speed and accuracy tested as typing was not one of my strong points and l always had to look at the keyboard and l seem to manage to get the letters round the wrong way these days or hit 2 keys at the same time but l don't need to look at the keyboard anymore,lol

kuaka, Sep 1, 10:47pm
griffo - that's progress then.I have to confess that I trained and spent most of my working life as a secretary much to my regret as I always wanted to be a vet.

griffo4, Sep 2, 8:25am
Well l am farming and wouldn't do anything else but work with animals so typing is not needed as much l am not an office person and didn't do well in that enviroment
Being a vet was something l wouldn't mind doing but the 5yrs training was not an option back then but l do love that side of farming and the vets certainly get alot of different things thown their way every day so no two days are the same, a bit like farming
l do admire secretaries and their efficiency and professionalism, l don't possess that,lol

kuaka, Sep 2, 8:44am
griffo - I was very good at being a secretary, but I hated it, hated being in an office all day, hated having to get all "dolled" up every day, basically just hated it.Give me cooking (I did a brief stint as cook at an old folks home) or animals any day.

griffo4, Sep 2, 9:36pm
Yep cooking and animals for me as well
l love this place l get so many recipes and hints and my cooking and confidence has got such a boost from coming here

griffo4, Sep 4, 8:14am
l made this tonight for pudding and it was very nice and everyone had 2nds