Bulk Food Savings in Dominion Rd, Aucks

craig04, Aug 31, 1:51am
Anyone buy their bread flours etc from here! I buy all my spices and seeds etc from here but have never bought flour or gluten or anything like that and was wondering what their quality was like for breadmaking! I may just have to bite the bullet and try it

bedazzledjewels, Aug 31, 4:48am
Whereabouts on Dom Rd is it please!

davidt4, Aug 31, 6:53am
Is it the little shop on the corner of Walters Rd around the back next to Wendy's!I buy nuts there and they are always fresh.I haven't bought flours there but everything always looks very clean and well managed.

bedazzledjewels, Aug 31, 6:55am
Yes, that's a nice place. Must pop in and see if they stock that Aroy D coconut cream./milk.

craig04, Sep 1, 3:26am
It's at 217 Dominion Rd and it's kind of round the back with a little carpark. It's really nice and clean and has a great range of bulk foods - esp good for spices etc, you can get 100g of spice such as nutmeg or cinnamon for $1.90 for example. I noticed their great range of flours etc - they do all sorts of specialty flours and I was wondering if the quality was good. I'm going back in a couple of weeks and will stock up there. We worked out that pricewise if homebrand does something the same, then go with homebrand, but for the specialty stuff this place is better by far. I noticed they have cheap gluten flour and that's one thing I want to try as I'm getting into breadmaking. I did see coconut cream/milk there but didn't notice the brand, sorry. They had delicious looking jars of curry and indian chutneys too - you could go really overboard shopping there!

bedazzledjewels, Sep 1, 3:29am
Can't help with the flour as neither DavidT4 or myself use any flour or grains.

davidt4, Sep 1, 3:56am
Oh my goodness yes.Good thinking Dazz.