Dads coming for dinner tonight.help me please!

tipsy_bl0nde, Aug 30, 11:23pm
Oven still not fixed so i am limited to microwave and 2 elements on the stove. what can i cook for dinner for 4 adults 1 toddler. Dad doesnt want pasta because thats all hes been eating lately and i want something pretty gourmet / awesome :)

IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS COMPLETELY WELCOME

tipsy_bl0nde, Aug 30, 11:27pm
also quick dessert ideas would be great, i get home at 3pm and hes due at 6pm tonight.

mackenzie2, Aug 30, 11:42pm
Do crushed pav with bosenberrys and cream, Main, do gourmet potato's tossed in rock salt, parsley and butter, do beans with a burnt butter, whole tomatos/whole mushrooms and steakor chops . I Was without a kitchen for 3 weeks and got caught out with visitors a couple of times to, this is what I served them.

rover48, Aug 30, 11:42pm
A nice quick stir fry, brown the meat in a frypan on the element and heat up the veges (packets of stir fry veges are ok) add a sauce and re heat in microwave.Brandy baskets with icecream, fruit etc.

tipsy_bl0nde, Aug 30, 11:45pm
ooooooh love the pav idea sounds quick and easy. was thinking could do boiled potatoes mixed with sourcream and chunky pesto (i normally stir this through pasta) but the beans in burnt butter sounds yuumm.

Stirfry is a bit too common in their household of 6 adults so they dont get many treats if you get what i mean. Being fathers day this weekend i thought it would be very appropriate to do something nice :)

lindylambchops1, Aug 31, 3:34am
Tell him to bring a takeaway on the way over!LOL

lythande1, Aug 31, 4:14am
You only cook pasta on a stove! You can cut up potato into chunks and fry it - like roast potatoes but stove top.
You can do steak, pot roasts, casseroles in dutch ovens, stirfry veges (even if not an asian recipe), schnitzels, whatever.

mac81, Sep 1, 1:27am
for the dessert would that be frozen boysenberries (defrosted) or a tin!Thanks. Sounds lovely.

donna_jo29, Sep 1, 3:45am
soup, starter. chicken casserole, main.

lodgelocum, Sep 1, 3:51am
Steak on one element, home made chips on the other element, salad, crusty bread, fresh pineapple, other fruit and ice cream.yum, no stove needed at all.Hope it went well.

donna_jo29, Sep 1, 10:26am
so how did the dinner go. i ended up having tuna fish pie with goodmornings beer bread made this morning on tv it was heaven.

mackenzie2, Sep 1, 8:44pm
Sorry never checked in here yesterday, either would be fine.

praxis2, Sep 2, 3:10am
KFc

elliehen, Sep 2, 4:09am
Wonder what Dad got to eat.

tipsy_bl0nde, Sep 3, 10:07pm
hi guys sorry been so busy the last few days run off my feet. I ended up cooking peppered sirloin steak with baby potatoes in sourcream and chunky pesto mix with green beans and baby carrots with a red onion gravy. was so delicious! thanks for all the ideas guys :)